Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:14 PM

Re: stomach upset this afternoon

I had one a week or so ago, I hate those tummy cramps. I took immodium too, needed 4 before I was OK though, it bound me up for 3 days. I've been fine since.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:17 PM

Never sure about taking Immodium.

If you have eaten something wrong, or got a tummy bug, isn't flying to the loo natures way of getting the badness out? Don't think I'd want to bung meself up and keep the bugs in thanks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

If you have eaten something wrong, or got a tummy bug, isn't flying to the loo natures way of getting the badness out? Don't think I'd want to bung meself up and keep the bugs in thanks.
I would agree with you there, Mups.

The only time I have experienced anything like that was in 2004 - a really savage attack of campylobactor following a meal at a Thai restaurant. I was ill - vomiting and diarrhoea - for a whole month. GPs opinion was same as yours - let the bugs go - just make sure to keep hydrated.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 06:13 AM

Realspeed - hope you are feeling better today?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 06:29 AM

Nice subject for a thread.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

03-07-2018, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Nice subject for a thread.
That's life, Basser!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yes a really bad one and spent lot of time on the you know what. Well waiting all that time worked better than I gave myself credit for. Now I am not saying it was a pleasant enriched odour that permeated through out the house, suffice to say even Teazle in the lounge decided to take a walk into the garden
it was really bad.

I have been doing a bit of weight watching and in the last couple of weeks managed to loose about 4lb. Rather pleased about that but still not enough so will carry on for a bit longer trying to loose even more

Someone wasn't very particular about where or what they ate were they??? A lesson learned - be more particular in future!!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That's life, Basser!!
Yip!...shit happens...sorry..couldn't resist
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

My problem was I was not home, I was out when it happened, so I had to do something to stop it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would agree with you there, Mups.

The only time I have experienced anything like that was in 2004 - a really savage attack of campylobactor following a meal at a Thai restaurant. I was ill - vomiting and diarrhoea - for a whole month. GPs opinion was same as yours - let the bugs go - just make sure to keep hydrated.

Ooh Tabs, I had that once, a long time back, and I was so ill with it. Had to submit samples for testing and it came back as Campylobactor, it's evil isn't it. I believe the doc had to give me medication for it, can't remember what now though.

I used to drive over to St. Neots market every week in those days, and I had bought a hot dog from one of the stalls there. I always reckoned that's where I got the bug from.

I have always been wary ever since of those mobile food stalls. Where do they go to the loo I wonder? Where do they wash their hands?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top