Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Why Won't You Walk Away, Mrs May?

I do wish someone would explain to me why Remainers continue to throw their hands up in the air in despair at the mere mention of the UK walking away from these ridiculous, farcical negotiations. It doesn’t matter how much and how many times Mrs Maybe has genuflected to Emperor Barnier with compromise after compromise, he sits there each and every time, pooh, poohing each UK proposal as unworkable. Everyone in Brussels and the UK must realise by now that Barnier has no interest in “negotiating” unless and until it is on the EU’s terms in every aspect.

I would also like someone to explain to me why, when once again Barnier gives court to Mrs Maybe and her plans for yet further concessions, he will be sitting there smugly on his throne in the kingdom of Brussels, already well versed in his script to simply say NO to Mrs Maybe.

What is everyone so afraid of? Why does the mere mention of walking away from these fake negotiations and operating under WTO rules, result in Remainers holding their hands in their heads and shouting that we are doomed! that we are heading over a cliff edge!. Well, I’m sorry, but that to me is a load of codswallap! As far as I am aware, (I am the first to admit I knew nothing regarding WTO before this), when there is a dispute regarding trade between two countries, they can walk away from negotiations and operate under WTO rules with no tariffs until either one of two things happen - either cooperation between the two countries is resolved or we can continue trading under WTO rules for 20 years!!.whichever happens first. So where on earth is this cliff edge that I keep hearing about from Remainers???

My understanding is that the EU has free trading agreements with 36 countries outside the EU, so it’s not as if that which we are trying to negotiate is some pie-in-the-sky, impossible request, it appears it is more about Emperor Barnier and his cohorts simply saying NO to absolutely anything that curries favour with the UK. Even poor little Ireland is being used as a pawn in his vendetta against us for daring to vote to leave. Why, after two long years with us playing fair by offering everything and getting nothing in return, hasn’t Mrs Maybe had the guts to scrape her chair back, tell Barnier enough is enough (or in Shropshire lingo - To Get Stuffed), tell him that unless he agrees to OUR terms, he doesn't get a penny, and walk out of the door. Watch the EU then with the empire already starting to crumble.
She is so weak-willed.

We are now two years on, and getting nowhere. I have tried very hard to give my full backing to Mrs Maybe, I truly have, she took on a tough and thankless task after cowardly Cameron cut and ran, but I despair of her and her so-called commitments of “leave means leave” and “no deal is better than a bad deal”. And “nothing is agreed until it is agreed”. It’s come to the stage where I can only see her, as a closet Remainer, returning every time doing the David Cameron shuffle with her now well-known phrase of “negotiations are going well” Crap! All she has achieved in this Leavers book is continuous kowtowing to that idiot Barnier, listening to his BS whilst all he has to remember when he meets her is to remember his impossible to forget lines - the word NO.

What next? More concessions, betrayal of our Red Lines?

Even now, today, when I see Gove publicly stating that he is bringing out a white paper on reclaiming our Fishing waters after March next year when we officially leave.
All I can think is ….Why tell us now? What is she planning to give the Emperor in return for us being allowed to say who and how many will be allowed to fish in our own waters that have been plundered for the past 40 years.
I just don’t trust her anymore to not betray the majority who voted to leave and keep her word with the sacrosanct red lines that Leave voters voted for. We can only wait and see after Friday when we learn what she has up her sleeve. I will be the first to apologise if she has not betrayed us in one form or another, but I don’t hold out much hope.

MOAN OVER!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Re: Why Won't You Walk Away, Mrs May?

You would like to see our economy nose dive then, are you ring fenced? The rest of of us are not, I do not want to see another recession, I have seen too many.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:29 PM

She is no closet remainer but outwardly so, hell bent on appeasing the Euroborg.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:30 PM

An excellent post Shrops and I wish I knew the answers.

Barnier is a smug twit and is trying to punish us for leaving his club. He also knows that other Countries are likely to follow when we go. It is because of people like him that I voted to leave. Why Theresa May refuses to do what the majority of her Country wants, I have no idea.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
An excellent post Shrops and I wish I knew the answers.

Barnier is a smug twit and is trying to punish us for leaving his club. He also knows that other Countriese are likely to follow when we go. It is because of people like him that I voted to leave. Why Theresa May refuses to do what the majority of her Country wants, I have no idea.
Could it be because it is not what the majority of the Country want? Those with more than two brain cells anyway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:54 PM

Hi

A different view, and in spite of being accused of being a Remainder, I did genuinely vote out.

We are simply not ready to leave, end of.

It seriously grieves me that we are paying through the nose for a Transition Period.

Yes we could walk away, but at a cost and nobody knows what that cost will be.

We would not just be walking away from the EU, we would be walking away from every trade deal we have.

We would be the only Country in the World to do so.

We may win, it could all turn out alright, it would be unique if it did.

If it does, great, if not, forget your Pensions and the Triple Lock, there will be massive cuts and massive inflation.

It is not ours to decide, the decision will be made by the Money Markets and Foreign Companies who own our Industry.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Only a fool shoots himself in the foot, but you stupid fools have shot me in the foot as well.
You shot yourself in the foot a long time ago. You didn't need any help matey.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You would like to see our economy nose dive then, are you ring fenced? The rest of of us are not, I do not want to see another recession, I have seen too many.
None of the Project Fear "predictions" have come to pass yet. Nor will this one!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:08 PM

lets just walk away and stop all this farting about. Things will settle down a lot quicker
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
lets just walk away and stop all this farting about. Things will settle down a lot quicker
I quite agree.

There is nothing to fear......except fear itself......I'll let the Remainers corner that particular market.

History will not judge the Remainers shenanigans with anything other than bemused contempt.

Barnier can't be reasoned with so why on earth are we wasting our time trying?

We should request the EU to vote on allowing us to be leaving fully 6 months in early September and just get on with being Great again!

I'm looking forward to my first Post Brexit Cod Supper!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top