Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 11:51 AM

Re: Spoke up for myself today at hospital

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Is it just me or do others secretly get a twinge of satisfaction when someone stands up and refuses to let others trample all over them?
I think it makes us all feel good!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I had a hospital appointment today which I wasnt looking forward to as the last time I saw these people they were taking advantage of the fact I was very ill and a little scared about what was going on. The two male nurses who were dealing with me I realised later were bullying and being a little threatening.

This time when I went into the reception I had a different attitude, the new me, and when yet another male nurse came over to me demanding personal information about why I hadnt done something I basically told him that I wasnt prepared to discuss the matter with him especially in a crowded waiting room.
Well the Doctor needs to know he replied.
Yes well, when I see the Doctor in private I will tell her.

I have every sympathy for people working in the health service and dealing with the public but this little upstart had no cause to be so stroppy with me in the waiting room.

Thats got that off my chest. 😔
What did the nurses do exactly that was "threatening and bullying".?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
What did the nurses do exactly that was "threatening and bullying".?

People don't always have to physically 'do' anything in particular to make you feel vulnerable, Gravy, it is sometimes just their attitude that can do it.

Everybody has their own feelings about what is acceptable or not, and I certainly would not be prepared to be quizzed about personal information in a crowded waiting room either.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top