Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:43 PM

Re: General election

I have explained my opinion elsewhere before now, but I'm happy to do that again here.

I have made a promise to myself that, unless May changes tack and gets us out of the EU without any compromise, she will have effectively removed any democracy from this country. If we vote for something quite clearly defined, and then that vote is ignored, then democracy is dead.

If that is the consequence, I shall not bother to vote ever again for that very reason.

In the next general election, though, which is likely to happen before Brexit is finalised, I shall not vote Conservative, but will vote for UKIP, certainly if May is still the PM. I have heard that UKIP intend to stand in all constituencies next time (for obvious reasons).

Whatever the situation, I could never vote for Compo and the Loonies, although the way things are going we can not be sure that he won't get in next time anyway. Still, as the future of the country is looking doubtful anyway (thank you May), perhaps that wouldn't really matter!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have heard that UKIP intend to stand in all constituencies next time (for obvious reasons).
I wonder who is funding them?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:40 PM

Agree Devo.There is not much to choose between any of them.I think we should have another vote on Brexit,this time with more information
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Agree Devo.There is not much to choose between any of them.I think we should have another vote on Brexit,this time with more information
We had a vote. We won, although the way Remainer May is behaving you wouldn't have thought so.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
no, leave won and to have another vote would have just been a waste of time us all voting in a so called democracy. Someone said here if they do have another vote they would never vote again. I feel exactly the same.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-07-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
no, leave won and to have another vote would have just been a waste of time us all voting in a so called democracy. Someone said here if they do have another vote they would never vote again. I feel exactly the same.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:23 PM

JBR, have come to the same decision.

The youngsters, those that are interested, believe as we did, that democracy is the best form of government. Rule of the people.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If that is the consequence, I shall not bother to vote ever again for that very reason. .................................................. .............................I shall not vote Conservative, but will vote for UKIP,
Must be some logic there but buggered I can see it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-07-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Must be some logic there but buggered I can see it.
That's because you clearly cannot read very well.

Picking two separate statements and attempting to stitch them together to try to make a false premise is rather silly.

Look. If you can, attempt to read my post completely, each point in its own context.

If you can't manage that, see if you can get a young child to do it for you.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i have explained my opinion elsewhere before now, but i'm happy to do that again here.

I have made a promise to myself that, unless may changes tack and gets us out of the eu without any compromise, she will have effectively removed any democracy from this country. If we vote for something quite clearly defined, and then that vote is ignored, then democracy is dead.

If that is the consequence, i shall not bother to vote ever again for that very reason.

In the next general election, though, which is likely to happen before brexit is finalised, i shall not vote conservative, but will vote for ukip, certainly if may is still the pm. I have heard that ukip intend to stand in all constituencies next time (for obvious reasons).

Whatever the situation, i could never vote for compo and the loonies, although the way things are going we can not be sure that he won't get in next time anyway. Still, as the future of the country is looking doubtful anyway (thank you may), perhaps that wouldn't really matter!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top