Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:31 PM

Immigration Numbers.

Hi

Immigration from the EU is falling, yet immigration from outside the EU is continuing to rise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-448460...eporting-story

Can anyone explain to me why we need so much Non EU Immigration and in particular why we are continuing to accept illegal migrants and not deporting those illegals we find?

As regards EU Immigration, whilst numbers are falling overall, the numbers arriving from Bulgaria and Romania, which only got the right to travel here in 2014, are zooming up.

They now account for 28% of all EU Migrants arriving here.

I would suggest we need to look at our Benefit Systems, which remain much more generous than those in other Countries.

There is a reason why all those economic migrants are camped out in the Channel Ports desperate to get to the UK rather than stay on the Continent.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Re: Immigration Numbers.

Our benefits are far more generous that Bulgaria or Romania
Also we are more naive and trusting and so will sucomb to scams and frauds and ATM thieving than in the home countries .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:48 PM

When I lived in Spain we couldn't have claimed their benefits. Rightly so, we hadn't ever paid into their system so why should we? If our country adopted that attitude perhaps so many people wouldn't want to come here. Britain = soft touch

I also saw on a regular basis people carrying out community work to get their unemployment benefit. I'd say the Spanish government have the right idea.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Hi

Why are we letting in more and more non EU Immigrants?

No need to wait for Brexit to cut those numbers.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:12 PM

Non EU immigration back to 2011 levels, now who was it that said we will get it down to the tens of thousands.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why are we letting in more and more non EU Immigrants?

No need to wait for Brexit to cut those numbers.
Because we have spineless, balless politicians Swims, that's why.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
because we have spineless, balless politicians swims, that's why.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Immigration from the EU is falling, yet immigration from outside the EU is continuing to rise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-448460...eporting-story

Can anyone explain to me why we need so much Non EU Immigration and in particular why we are continuing to accept illegal migrants and not deporting those illegals we find?

As regards EU Immigration, whilst numbers are falling overall, the numbers arriving from Bulgaria and Romania, which only got the right to travel here in 2014, are zooming up.

They now account for 28% of all EU Migrants arriving here.

I would suggest we need to look at our Benefit Systems, which remain much more generous than those in other Countries.

There is a reason why all those economic migrants are camped out in the Channel Ports desperate to get to the UK rather than stay on the Continent.
I don't know if you saw the news clip where a pro-leave campaigner during the referendum was pushing the leave vote on the back of the fact that it would be a way of increasing non EU migration to the UK. But that's why some non European British citizens voted for Brexit.

Yes we are seeing the Poles leave the UK and the South Americans and others arrive on our shores. It's beyond me how they are getting the right to remain and work here but it's happening. Better the devil you know? Welcome to a situation that nobody will recognise in a couple of years.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Because we have spineless, balless politicians Swims, that's why.
Nothing to do with the politicians, there is absolutely no system in place to prevent mass migration to the UK. The state can cut benefits and cut access to the NHS but people will still flood here because it's still better than where they came from.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 03:30 PM

We are an island .
We simply don't let them in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top