Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: TV viewing sources

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
When I lived in London, my TV would tune into about 90 or so freeview channels. Up here in Scotland in would only find 35!
I think that might be something to do with the Barnett formula!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 06:54 PM

You know you can put in your london postcode and pick up more channels?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As a poor pensioner, I can't afford all these Sky things, and I certainly wouldn't pay to watch football!

I have only Freeview, and of the 100 or more channels available I don't watch any more than about half-a-dozen.
I have a NOW TV box, which gives me almost all of the SKY programmes on the entertainment pass, bar the Football and Movies. The football you can watch down the pub, the movies are months out of date, so better to go to the cinema, and watch the one's you want. John Lewis have a deal at the moment, the box & smart stick for £14.95, plus two months entertainment pass free. NOW TV are also, I believe running a two week free trial. Worth checking out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I have a NOW TV box, which gives me almost all of the SKY programmes on the entertainment pass, bar the Football and Movies. The football you can watch down the pub, the movies are months out of date, so better to go to the cinema, and watch the one's you want. John Lewis have a deal at the moment, the box & smart stick for £14.95, plus two months entertainment pass free. NOW TV are also, I believe running a two week free trial. Worth checking out.
HOW MUCH?!

£15 for two months? Just think how many pints I could buy with that!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 11:22 PM

Should have made myself clearer. The box is a one off payment, to receive the Sky programmes through your broadband connection. The cost per month is £7.99 for the entertainment pass, which gives you loads of shows & boxsets galore. So plenty of spare cash for boozing!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Should have made myself clearer. The box is a one off payment, to receive the Sky programmes through your broadband connection. The cost per month is £7.99 for the entertainment pass, which gives you loads of shows & boxsets galore. So plenty of spare cash for boozing!!
Thanks John. Only joking. I have a reputation for being a little tight-fisted.

Seriously, though, Freeview provides all I want to watch.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 11:05 AM

I just have freeview which is all I need ,I dont mind if theres nothing worth watching sometimes I just switch over to radio ..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 04:52 PM

Missed my Sky when in the caravan last week (just Freeview).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top