Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:45 AM

Re: Lazy thread openings

[QUOTE=pauline3;1465737]
Originally Posted by Nom ->
.Surely the answer is simple, if you don't like the thread, find one you do like.

Nobody is forcing you to post, or read a thread, why seek to control the way others post, we are all different.

i agree,Nom.
If you are going to the trouble of starting a thread, why not spend a few more minutes and do it properly?
It doesn’t take much to briefly explain the subject and add a few questions to open up the discussion.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Bicker bicker bicker....could put Members off starting threads altogether..Politics seem to have taken over this Site and I for one am sick to death of it all....so I'm off for a break as the Forum is just getting Me down now.
Not sure where the politics are in this thread May...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1465744]
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

If you are going to the trouble of starting a thread, why not spend a few more minutes and do it properly?
It doesn’t take much to briefly explain the subject and add a few questions to open up the discussion.

I do it my way,..every poster has their own style of posting,..and i do,do it properly, imo,that is my style of posting,there are no rules on how to post,apart from the obvious, be polite,..as i said,i dont care how people post,..Barry started this thread,imo,he was criticising, how members post,..some agreed with him,other's didn't, ..i for one didn't, ..people shouldn't try and change members way of posting, because it doesnt suit them, we all do it differently. that is what a forum is all about,imo,....i have nothing further to say on this thread...thank you,
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sorry Bruv but I never think about you....
Not even sometimes ?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I have noticed that it seems to be becoming more common on here to start a new thread with just some brief, non descriptive comment and a link to somewhere else.

Personally I hate it, and my thoughts are that if the thread starter can't be bothered to write a description or their argument as well as posting the link then I really can't be bothered to open it and reply.

Possibly of course that it's just me being a grumpy old so and so, but what do you others think?

Spot on. But I'd also add why can't members even attempt to put a decent thread title up?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Spot on. But I'd also add why can't members even attempt to put a decent thread title up?
Oh well, if we're on a roll here, how about even attempting to get the title's spelling right!!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top