Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 07:24 PM

Pseudomona in blood

Hello to you All, I haven't been on here for a few years but I'm back

I came out of hospital yesterday after spending six days in there suffering with Sepsis after I had Pseudomona in my blood. Pseudomona is a superbug and a very dangerous one.
The consultant said it can't be cured but antibiotics can treat the symptoms. I feel very worried about this as this bacterial bug is a very clever one and can cause antibiotic resistance.

Prior to that I have been in hospital four times in the last six months suffering with Sepsis again due to Cellulitis. Spending two weeks in hospital each time.

I've got bad leg ulcers in both legs plus my immune system is very low at the moment. I have low iron sufficiency so very anaemic which I will get my GP to look into why.

It's just all very scary at the moment. Has anyone else had Pseudomona in their blood?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Re: Pseudomona in blood

Hi Alicat

I'm sorry to hear you have been so ill, glad you are home from hospital, that must be a relief but I can understand why you are still worried. It must have been awful for you, sepsis is very dangerous so thank goodness you are here to type this post.

I haven't had or even heard of Pseudomona in the blood but I hope someone here can give you some advice.

Good luck with getting much better.
x
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:01 PM

Thank you for your reply Lion Queen.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:12 PM

It’s lovely to see you here again Alison and I’m sorry you have been through all this pain and suffering.

I’ve never heard of Pseudomona, it’s no wonder you feel scared. I hope somebody here can help you with some advice.

Take care and I hope things will improve for you in time.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:38 PM

Hi Alicat,

Happy to see you back on the forum....but very sorry to hear of your illness. It must be just awful. I am no stranger to sickness, so I feel your pain.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:39 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been in Hospital and hope that you are on the mend very soon. I have also been in Hospital for three days.
Alicat
West Berkshire

19-07-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It’s lovely to see you here again Alison and I’m sorry you have been through all this pain and suffering.

I’ve never heard of Pseudomona, it’s no wonder you feel scared. I hope somebody here can help you with some advice.

Take care and I hope things will improve for you in time.
Hello Mags, it's been a long time and I remember you from the old days, nice to hear from you as well.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:47 PM

Hello stranger I won't ask how you are clearly not so good.

Do you mean Pseudomonas, I have had pseudomonas aeruginosa in my lungs, it is resistant to most antibiotics but there are a couple that work to suppress it .

About 8years ago I was ill all winter with a chest infection that wouldn't go away and was shocked when I tested positive for this. I was warned that it may lay dormant in my lungs and reoccur but it hasn't done so far. Heaven knows where I picked it up .

Pseudomonas can occur in various parts of the body including the blood.

Ali you must have been so scared , it's good you are home now and I hope you are feeling better.
Alicat
West Berkshire

19-07-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Alicat,

Happy to see you back on the forum....but very sorry to hear of your illness. It must be just awful. I am no stranger to sickness, so I feel your pain.
Thank you wild blueberry. I'm sorry to hear that you are a slave to sickness as well. It's not easy is it.
Alicat
West Berkshire

19-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I'm very sorry to hear that you have been in Hospital and hope that you are on the mend very soon. I have also been in Hospital for three days.
Thank you for your reply susiejaeger. I'm sorry to hear that you have been in hospital as well. I wish you well for a speedy recovery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top