Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 11:14 PM

Re: Cleaning Lady

No one ever had written on their tombstone
"she kept a clean tidy house "
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No one ever had written on their tombstone
"she kept a clean tidy house "
Kim Woodburn might.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Does anyone have a cleaning lady?

I hired one. In fact, I am in the bedroom and she is cleaning the house right now...it is nice to sit back and let someone else do the housework.

She charges $20.00 per hour and I don't know if it will take her two hours or three. I shall see when she gets done.

What do you get your cleaning lady to do? I told her to do a thorough cleaning of the bathroom from top to bottom, including, using windex to make the taps all shine when she is done....(this is the first priority...then the rest of the work)

She can do all the floors that need washing and waxing, vacuuming, dusting.
I used to have one when I was working, Filipinio girl, used to come in once a week. As I recall I paid her $30 for a couple of hours work a week - cash in hand of course.

These days I could probably get help under the government's MyAged Care program but I haven't bothered for various reasons. I have plenty of time to do it myself is one good reason the other is that I wander around the house without wearing my glasses so everything looks clean anyway.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I do mine myself - don't mind it really but I did have a professional oven cleaner once as a treat to myself. I might even make a regular habit of it as it's the one job I detest!!
In the past I found it cheaper to wait until the oven is nice and greasy then buy a new one.

Though these days I never use the oven; it is just storage space since I bought a convection microwave for $160 and use that for any baking (it even has a grill)- far more convenient.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:57 AM

I'm working class, sad to say (actually no - I'm proud of it), so no cleaning lady.

Mrs. Floydysaurus and myself only live in a measley and paltry semi-detached house so it's easy to get up off our asses and pull little Henry around isn't it?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 07:04 AM

I knew a Cleaning Lady, at work she looked dowdy, but, socially, she "Scrubbed Up Well".
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 07:36 AM

To be honest I only vacuum once a fortnight or so . I clean and wipe down kitchen each day when I've cooked , bathroom gets a wipe down each day , bed gets changed once a fortnight , I'm on my own and a tidy person and minimalist . I like a tidy house and wouldn't need a cleaner .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:12 AM

I wôuld like to be tidy but I have this large impediment -
Mr Mud - who is without doubt the most untidiest man in the universe .
He will not subscribe to the word tidy and will happily vacuum with out tidying up a single thing .
He is physically incapable of ever returning anything to the fridge and his paperwork is everywhere .
Drives me up the wall.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:20 AM

We had one years ago but she didn't do a good job so I sacked her.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wôuld like to be tidy but I have this large impediment -
Mr Mud - who is without doubt the most untidiest man in the universe .
He will not subscribe to the word tidy and will happily vacuum with out tidying up a single thing .
He is physically incapable of ever returning anything to the fridge and his paperwork is everywhere .
Drives me up the wall.
Good job you love him or he.d be in danger of being under the patio lol

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top