Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 09:31 AM

Re: Devo in the Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by carol ->
If you see a homeless person asking for money would you give them some?
It depends. I have done and would again. It would depend on a judgement made on the spur of the moment. A homeless person making the effort to, say, busk and doing it fairly well is one thing, someone making a cacophony with a tin whistle, out of their skull on whatever is another.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hello Devo I don't think our paths have ever crossed so I don't know you at all so I will start at the beginning, where were you born and where were you brought up
I was born in a nursing home that no longer exists in Barton-on-Sea and was largely brought up a few miles down the road in Highcliffe-on-Sea ion what was Hampshire then but is now Dorset. A deeply Tory, deeply geriatric colony of boredom and not at all the ideal place for an inquisitive child's upbringing.
Devo
SW UK

20-07-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Morning Devo

What is or would be your favourite ever place to holiday
I am astonishingly boring, by modern standards, where holidays are concerned and I have never been abroad. I never saw the point before I had become acquainted with all the UK has to offer. I have nearly done the that now so abroad has started to appeal, it's just convincing Mrs Devo, that's the problem. I cannot stand hot weather so I would be limited although parts of France and Italy appeal as does Scandinavia. Other than that, the USA, if it ever gets past Trump's depredations and if they'd let me in and Japan both appeal.
As for local holidays I have had, nowhere has disappointed although North Wales, while stunning in itself, was weirdly old-fashioned socially, I thought and, therefore a bit limited.
A few sojourns in Cornwall have been as enjoyable as any.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 11:55 AM

Morning Devo

What really annoys you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 11:55 AM

Hi Devo

Your name and avatar is no doubt from the American band DEVO. Were you/ are you into other punk/ new wave bands?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:08 PM

Hi Devo,

What three words would describe you?
Devo
SW UK

20-07-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Devo

Your name and avatar is no doubt from the American band DEVO. Were you/ are you into other punk/ new wave bands?
It's double duty - Devo and I live in Devo-n. I came late to Devo and have since become a bit obsessed. Their videos were works of art and often deeply unsettling.

It never fails to amaze me how well the original punk bands' music has stood the test of time. For example, X-Ray Spex produced one album of sheer brilliance. I still cannot make up my mind whether Poly Styrene had a great or terrible singing voice but it sounded right, it fitted the music, so who cares?
While I did/do still like a lot fo the British bands, on the whole, I think I preferred the New York punk bands. I often dream of being in CBGBs back in the day, the line-ups must have been amazing - Blondie, Talking Heads, Television (who I particularly love), Richard Hell and so on. My some went there a few years ago and he told me it is litle more than a shrine and memorabilia shop. Sad.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:30 PM

Hi Devo,

Do you live on the coast?
Devo
SW UK

20-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Morning Devo

What really annoys you?
Where to start?

The Tory party...although annoy is probably too mild.

Football culture - I enjoy watching a good game of football but the mountain range of banality and bad Englsih that surrounds it really gets to me.

Tabloid culture with its cult of anti-intellectualism.

The apathy and acceptance endemic to English culture.

Tescos
Devo
SW UK

20-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Devo,

What three words would describe you?
Thoughtful, imaginative, amused

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top