Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Re: Rudyard Kipling’s IF Poem

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I ask myself, " Do the people who make all this fuss really want equality, when their fuss makes it sound like they want supremacy?
I don't think they care about equality Twink. They don't have the intelligence for a start. They are just loud-mouthed trouble makers who don't fit into society so they choose to moan about stuff instead. They choose a Country like us because we are stupid enough to put up with it.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 02:22 PM

It breaks my heart to read this thread.

"If" has been my favorite poem and inspiration since I was a small girl. It is listed in all my books of poetry. Guess I'll hold those books near to my soul.

It is a good idea to print it and frame it, not for any other use (see above posts) but for the intent it was written.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 02:31 PM

This has all gone too far. We can't do or say anything because it'd deemed racist by some people. They've even tried to get rid of Christmas.
We have always been a multi nation country, but this is getting beyond a joke. Thank goodness my time here is soon over. Grandchildren are going to be in a horrible country in 20/30 years time, if this sort of thinking carries on,maybe even sooner. I feel so sad for the human race if this is what it will come to.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 02:32 PM

I don't think `If` was the actual target as such Righty, it was targeted just because it was Kipling who wrote The White Man's Burden and he was a staunch Imperialist. It could have been any of his works but this one was in the wrong place at the wrong time so was vandalised by those with a false sense of grievance and entitlement. Those who enjoy the benefits, education and freedoms of the UK then use those freedoms to besmirch Britain's ancestry. If this person is so condemning of the UK's history and achievements why isn't she getting her education elsewhere?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I don't think `If` was the actual target as such Righty, it was targeted just because it was Kipling who wrote The White Man's Burden and he was a staunch Imperialist. It could have been any of his works but this one was in the wrong place at the wrong time so was vandalised by those with a false sense of grievance and entitlement. Those who enjoy the benefits, education and freedoms of the UK then use those freedoms to besmirch Britain's ancestry. If this person is so condemning of the UK's history and achievements why isn't she getting her education elsewhere?
I realize the point of the thread wasn't to criticize the poem, Judd.

I simply had to post something positive as it stirred me.

At times, it is better not to say anything condemning or judgmental when I disagree. Silence speaks volumes in any language, at least until the sparks dissipate from my tongue.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I realize the point of the thread wasn't to criticize the poem, Judd.

I simply had to post something positive as it stirred me.

At times, it is better not to say anything condemning or judgmental when I disagree. Silence speaks volumes in any language, at least until the sparks dissipate from my tongue.
Give me five minutes with that idiot 'woman' and I could teach her a whole new language.
Right Now
upstate New York US

20-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Always a good thing to have a man in the same corner as yourself....smiling here.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Always a good thing to have a man in the same corner as yourself....smiling here.
Us normal people need to stick together before it's too late.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
These aggrieved previleged students ( note their names not exactly Smith and Jones ) should shut up or go back to whence their lucky ancestors came from then they would have something to be outraged about.
Anyone would think they all descended from countries of peace and tranquility
Africa -the most tribal and violent of countries I doubt if The Zulu chiefs worried about who they massacred to achieve their dominance .
India -rife with caste distinction .
Born in the wrong caste you are sunk .

Really they do t deserve to have the freedom to study -if they study when they are not trying to eradicate history .

yeah thats what they are trying to do, all this crap really pisses me off
Right Now
upstate New York US

21-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Us normal people need to stick together before it's too late.
Thank you for saying "us" when thinking of normal.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top