Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:44 PM

NHS Delays

Hi

Off to the Eye Clinic this morning.

Ambulance Transport, very little traffic, arrived in good time and seen early.

My eye is a complete mess, hoping to get an OP to sort it.

No such luck.

They have a shortage of Consultants, so Op put back at least 3 months.

The constant delays have resulted in a Secondary Infection, which is intensely painful and I cannot drive.

I am seriously fed up with all this.

The injury to my eye is as a direct result of working for the Government, it is Blast Damage.

I am not a Happy Womble.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Re: NHS Delays

So sorry...any kind of eye problem is horrible
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 07:20 PM

and any kind of NHS incompetence is a problem too!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Can't they send you to private hospital ?

I have recieved a couple of scans over the past couple of years in private hospitals. Got seen this last weekend by a whole department with agency staff.
That's the way the NHS is going unfortunately.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Shortage of eye doctors all over the country, ive been waiting for 11 months now for treatment, i believe Realspeed has also been having trouble.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:36 PM

I couldnt sleep last night so tuned into tele,not sure what the programme was but two men were due to have operations at St.Marys Hospital ,London,were all prepared,then an emergency came in & their ops had to be cancelled,they got dressed & were sent home
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I couldnt sleep last night so tuned into tele,not sure what the programme was but two men were due to have operations at St.Marys Hospital ,London,were all prepared,then an emergency came in & their ops had to be cancelled,they got dressed & were sent home
Possibly "Hospital" BBC 2 ?

I saw a program where the governers restricted doing anything other than life saving operations, the closure of the operating theatres cost them money next funding round.
The surgeons and theatre staff spent time cleaning, and juggling their patients,advocating for the worst to recieve the simple procedures that would alter their lives dramatically.

It's a mess.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:48 AM

Swim, I know you have been retired for quite a while now & I recall that, before then, you had a brace on your leg, so H&S say you shouldn't have been active where a blast can occur ...so when did this blast happen?
Your sight is a very precious sense, so you should be complaining to the NHS if it is now at risk owing to severe delays in treatment.
I managed to get my sisters treatment speeded up by threatening to write to my MP and the press....so if you need help just give me all the info and I will write a letter that you can send. ( I am assuming that you are in no condition to write yourself, owing to your health problems & the house move>)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:23 AM

Hi

My blast damage happened years ago, long before CT Scans.

Medical Science has evolved since then.

My eyesight can be saved now, they choose not to because of Financial restraints.

It is exactly the same scenario with my right ear, again blast damage.

I feel justified in being pissed off with the response.

I put my life on the line to defend us, my choice, my decision.

I never expected that those who do take second place in the queue to PC Correct Gender realignment.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My blast damage happened years ago, long before CT Scans.

Medical Science has evolved since then.

My eyesight can be saved now, they choose not to because of Financial restraints.

It is exactly the same scenario with my right ear, again blast damage.

I feel justified in being pissed off with the response.

I put my life on the line to defend us, my choice, my decision.

I never expected that those who do take second place in the queue to PC Correct Gender realignment.
So I assume that the infections are a more recent problem, but they don't want to use too much antibiotic, for fear of Sepsis occurring and you becoming immune to the effects of them!
One thing I have learned with the NHS, is those who fight hardest are the ones who get the treatment they need.
After spending 4 months in hospital, on painkillers, my complaint got her moved to a different hospital and operated on in 2 weeks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top