Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 12:05 PM

Do you still have your plastic records ?

I've still got mine tucked away on the rack, dozens of LP's from 1957 onwards and they still sound OK.

I've even got a few 45's.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Re: Do you still have your plastic records ?

We've got boxes and boxes of them stashed away. OH bought a record deck to connect to the PC with the noble intention of putting everything on to CDs, but........
He's made CDs for the car and kept all the LPs. Aaaaarg!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 12:26 PM

My Son who is 24, has a huge collection along with a record player, he prefers all the oldies.....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jan ->
We've got boxes and boxes of them stashed away. OH bought a record deck to connect to the PC with the noble intention of putting everything on to CDs, but........
He's made CDs for the car and kept all the LPs. Aaaaarg!
Oh yes, I got one of those turntables with the intention of transferring my plastic onto CD's but as usual "I'm still working on it".
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Don't think I have a single one left Must say I prefer the convenience of digital tho
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 04:41 PM

I've kept all my old records, also 8 track tapes (remember those?). why I don't know!! Don't have anything to play them on; have thought about selling them on eBay, but it would be a hassle to pack and take to the Post Office, assuming anyone would buy them ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 04:49 PM

I gave mine to a Charity shop years ago....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Weve still got all our LP's and singles. I want to buy a record player so we can play them but not one that connects upto the PC, just a record player on it's own if you can buy them. (I've got all the original The Monkees LP's )
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 07:04 PM

We've still got all our old Albums and singles the ones that were not taken in a burglary what they didn't like was ABBA (can't blame them ) they just took really all our Beatles collection we had a Boxed set and loads of others too My Soul collections they left and my Roxy Music ones I would like to get one of those turntables that you can use with a PC to burn them to CD that would be good...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Haven't got a one-threw them all out ages ago. Sometimes I wish I had kept some though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top