Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Re: Do you still have your plastic records ?

Originally Posted by Glen1962 ->
I'm a vinyl junkie! I probably have over 1000 by now.
Glen - just didn't have the space to keep them when we moved but, we have them all recorded around 500, every week we listen and enjoy
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 10:10 PM

We have hundreds of them collected over 50+ years. Can't bear to part with them, so many memories, though they seldom get played these days.
petersull
New Member!
cumbria
petersull is male 

24-06-2013, 09:28 PM

I still have vinyl left again with nothing to play them on. Although a lot have never been played any way.I am sad that even after 30+ years the protective cellophane has not been broken, and the record has not come out.

It may not even be the correct record in the sleeve.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 04:16 AM

Like Petersull, we have vinyl but nothing to play them on but I can't part with them, especially my old Monkee albums.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
We have hundreds of them collected over 50+ years. Can't bear to part with them, so many memories, though they seldom get played these days.
We too have kept most of our vinyl records, they are stored away, but every now and again I sort through them and it takes me back in time and I start recounting stories about when I first heard them played or why I bought them. aah
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Aint it the truth Shirley - music brings back accurate memories more than anything else ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Oh yes, I got one of those turntables with the intention of transferring my plastic onto CD's but as usual "I'm still working on it".
Me too!! My sister gave me a Neil Diamond album to digitise: I've yet to finish it, but had it for a number of years now!

I still love my vinyl but will digitise it all. One day!

I've also got a cassette player which does the same job. At least I've gone through the tapes and boxed them separately. I was delighted to find a couple which contained old lovely songs that I thought had been lost.

Another job for that rainy day. Or year.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Up to about 6 years ago I had all my old 45's, LP's, and some EP's stored in a cardboard box at the bottom of my wardrobe, one night (she was out) I got a bit sentimental and fancied listening to some Brenda Lee, I went upstairs and to my horror they were gone!. When the missus came home I asked her where she put my records. 'Them old dust collectors?, I gave them to the binmen today'. I was left with my mouth open and nothing to say. And thats what happened to my collection Folks.
Oh my God, that's awful! To me, my vinyls are just priceless and irreplaceable. I hope you didn't speak to her for a very long time...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Me too!! My sister gave me a Neil Diamond album to digitise: I've yet to finish it, but had it for a number of years now!

I still love my vinyl but will digitise it all. One day!

I've also got a cassette player which does the same job. At least I've gone through the tapes and boxed them separately. I was delighted to find a couple which contained old lovely songs that I thought had been lost.

Another job for that rainy day. Or year.
Get to putting your old records on a USB stick then you have all your old records to listen to anytime, just switch on your Hi-fi .....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top