Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Re: Recommendation/ tin opener

Sorry should have put Meg there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Sorry should have put Meg there.
HI Annie I don't really know that area very well, I am in the Malvern/Upton on Severn area and I am not a local girl
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I have an electric one as I was unable to replace my nice south paw one for ages then I bought the electric one and its great!
Me too I have had mine for over 20 years and only now my hands are so painful do I thank goodness I have it every other type of opener hurts my thumbs but the electric one is brilliant.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 08:36 PM

I should video myself opening a tin with a right handed persons opener! Apparently I look like a contortionist!!! As for scissors... they just dont cut unless ive got mine lol
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 11:42 AM

After 52+ years my can opener still works well, and it only cost me 7/6d back in 1959.
It moans and groans occasionally, but it is best to say nothing and let her get on with it.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Congratulations to you and your tin opener, my mum had one which was a nasty piece of kit it had a stubby handle and you had to push the opener into the tin and move it up and down to open the tin. Very jagged and very spitefully dangerous.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 05:44 PM

What a coincidence, after my last post the wife went out and bought a butterfly tin opener, less than a £1
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
What a coincidence, after my last post the wife went out and bought a butterfly tin opener, less than a £1
Arthur I bought 3 butterflies to replace one I had for over 30 years and they were rubbish and didn't work
I can only assume they are not made the same these days.
Hence my original post
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

20-01-2012, 08:08 PM

Most butterfly tin openers are made in China, the one her indoors bought was made by Henry Squire limited and made in England.
It was bought form our village store that stocks everything, a bit like the old fashioned ironmongers.
It is the best tin opener she has used for a long time. Her words not mine, but I will try it.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Arthur I bought 3 butterflies to replace one I had for over 30 years and they were rubbish and didn't work
I can only assume they are not made the same these days.
Hence my original post
I coulld never get on with the butterfly ones, it was always hit and miss. I use one like you Meg, have had it for years and never had a problem with it.

I remember many years ago when I went to New York I bought a tin opener with a fantastic grip and took it with me to my sisters for Christmas, don't know why, probably for dog food? Anyhow I accidentally left it there and when I phoned her up a few days later to tell her she told me she'd chucked it out as didn't know where it had come from, shock, horror, I was gutted and it was the most expensive one I'd ever bought and I hadn't had it long

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top