Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 10:44 PM

Cleaning Stuff

What are your favourite products?

My biggest areas are my floors downstairs, being my hall, kitchen, living room and dining area. The tiles in the hall and kitchen are hard-wearing enough, but the laminate in the other two areas need a bit more of a special treatment.

When I mop these areas I tend to drop into my bucket a blob of de-stress herbal bath liquid with rosemary.

It cleans really well, and smells gorgeous. Better than old disinfectant or bleach any day.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Re: Cleaning Stuff

That`s a new one on me Mollie.What made you 1st try that ,did you run out of cleaning fluid ? .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 11:32 PM

No, I never run out of bleach or disinfectant, but I was fed up with the smell of those and, as I don't use my bath (preferring a shower), I thought I'd drop a bit of that in to add some lather to it, and it works a treat.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 11:48 PM

I have been puting avon bubble bath in my water for a long time does a good job with the floors
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

01-06-2012, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I have been puting avon bubble bath in my water for a long time does a good job with the floors
Ah, so I'm not the only one. It does do a good job with the floors. I may try it on some other surfaces as well like my Chesterfield three-piece suite.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 12:02 AM

I put a drop of bleach and bio soap powder in the water for my floor and for washing the paint work. this gives of a nice smell and is good with grease.

I use bicarbonate of soda mixed to a paste with beach, brush in the tile grout leave for a while and wash off. this is good to bring the white back to the grout.

You need to be careful with leather Mollie, some products can cause stains on leather. Do an area you cannot see first.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
A rather expensive way to clean a floor though.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

02-06-2012, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
I put a drop of bleach and bio soap powder in the water for my floor and for washing the paint work. this gives of a nice smell and is good with grease.

I use bicarbonate of soda mixed to a paste with beach, brush in the tile grout leave for a while and wash off. this is good to bring the white back to the grout.

You need to be careful with leather Mollie, some products can cause stains on leather. Do an area you cannot see first.
Will do, Shaz but, if bubble bath doesn't hurt human skin, it's not likely to do much harm to animal skin. I'll definitely try it at the back of a chair first though. I'm not going to do the whole suite anyway as I don't have the energy!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->

I very much like the idea of the bicarbonate and bleach mix and will try it.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 05:55 PM

I never use bleach at all cant stnd the smell I have a steamer hand one and also a mop only uses water

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top