Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 07:36 PM

Re: Cleaning Stuff

I'll try the Bubble bath with the laminate floors. They drive me mad - especially with the dog trailing muddy feet all over the place
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 11:58 PM

Don't put too much in though Lynn, otherwise you'll have too many suds.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 09:20 AM

I'm thinking of investing in one of those Vax electric steam mops for our hard floors. I am careful what I clean the floors with because of the dog. I love the smell of Dettol Sea Minerals fragrance and I thought if I bought one of these mops I could put some in it to clean with - then I wouldn't need any detergent. I also like the bathroom Flash for cleaning and only use bleach down the toilets and sinks, or if there is something nasty to clean up. Work surfaces, I use a multi-purpose anti-bacerial spray cleaner. I don't know if other people are the same, but I am always influenced by the smell of cleaning products and if it doesn't smell nice I don't buy it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 11:20 AM

I think bleach is the ultimate bug buster. I use it in the toilets, down outdoor drains and on tiled floors. It's also effective as an inexpensive weed killer on paths and patios. I have even been known to use it as an ant killer outdoors, when I have run out of ant powder.
I have a vast array of cleaning aids for other surfaces but I prefer fresh clean smells to floral ones.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Hot water with 3-4 cups of vinegar and some dish soap for my tile floors. I like the bubble bath idea Pixie!

Baking soda and bleach for the grout sounds good - will try that one.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
I put a drop of bleach and bio soap powder in the water for my floor and for washing the paint work. this gives of a nice smell and is good with grease.

I use bicarbonate of soda mixed to a paste with beach, brush in the tile grout leave for a while and wash off. this is good to bring the white back to the grout.

You need to be careful with leather Mollie, some products can cause stains on leather. Do an area you cannot see first.
I used the bicarbonate and bleach mix to clean some mould in one of the bathrooms and it worked a treat. Thanks so much for the tip.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Hot water with 3-4 cups of vinegar and some dish soap for my tile floors. I like the bubble bath idea Pixie!

Baking soda and bleach for the grout sounds good - will try that one.
Er ..... the bubble bath idea in the mop bucket was mine lass, which I started the thread with, but no matter.

I must admit, I also go by the smell of something as well. I clean my work surfaces with either pine bleach or pine disinfectant, sometimes both.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Er ..... the bubble bath idea in the mop bucket was mine lass, which I started the thread with, but no matter.

I must admit, I also go by the smell of something as well. I clean my work surfaces with either pine bleach or pine disinfectant, sometimes both.
Sorry Mollie - read through the posts too quickly. Nice to find a use for bubble bath as I prefer showers. I think I have some lavender which I love. Pine is a good clean scent too.

Might do the floors today... every time I go away for a weekend to visit my family the OH and his teens make an incredible mess of the kitchen. (At least they manage to feed themselves!) They promised to clean up last night but it didn't happen and I can't stand it another minute.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I used the bicarbonate and bleach mix to clean some mould in one of the bathrooms and it worked a treat. Thanks so much for the tip.
Happy to hear you found it helpful.
I have used it for some years now on my white tiles and they still look nice and clean.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 08:43 PM

I always use hair shampoo to clean my cream leather suite it works a treat...Like the bubble bath idea though for floors will try that one ...Thanks

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top