Join for free
Page 11 of 33 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 09:57 AM

Re: Scottish Referendum.

Despite the hype, I suspect that Scotland will vote 'no' in the end.

I'll be glad when it's over, though. Getting a bit fed up with it now.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:42 AM

From afar it sounds like the UK government is in panic mode on this issue strongarming the banks in to threatening to leave Scotland if they gain independence and telling them they can't use the pound as currency. Does sound like bully boy tactics.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Despite the hype, I suspect that Scotland will vote 'no' in the end.

I'll be glad when it's over, though. Getting a bit fed up with it now.
Same here, one minute its Salmond crowing, the next its the no crowd, apparently its now said 97% of those eligible to vote have now registered so whichever way it goes voter apathy cant be used as an excuse.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 11:37 AM

My postal YES vote was sent over a week ago so I can only hope the majority of the good Folk of Scotland have decided as I have.

..It could never have been any other for Me after the bastard Thatcher devastated My County Lanarkshire twenty odd years ago,and Scotland has been treated like shit by a Westminster Government ever since,

We need to stop the 'Brain Drain' of Our smart young Graduates having to go South for jobs which They have been educated here for,We also need Industry to be built here in Scotland and the apprenticeships to be brought back again,We need to build a better more prosperous Scotland and that can only happen once We get rid of Westminster for good and We can decide who WE want as Prime Minister knowing He/She will do Their utmost to make Scotland and the Scots proud of Them.

All of the threats and bully boy tactics I've listened to these past few weeks from the better together clique have sickened Me,and as for Gordon Brown,ugh!! words fail Me..I want shot of the whole bloody lot of Them,and that includes the Tory run BBC.

My concerns and worries about doing the right thing are now over,I KNOW I have voted the right way,and I also know it will be a difficult few Years to get it all together,but We will in the end.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 11:59 AM

The one thing this Eton Mess of a Government is good at is fighting hard to save their own skins using whatever dirty tricks come to hand. Lie, cheat exaggerate doesn't matter to them as long as they get their own way.

I would rather trust a hungry dog to guard my dinner than trust anything this self seeking shower says.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
The one thing this Eton Mess of a Government is good at is fighting hard to save their own skins using whatever dirty tricks come to hand. Lie, cheat exaggerate doesn't matter to them as long as they get their own way.

I would rather trust a hungry dog to guard my dinner than trust anything this self seeking shower says.
So what is the difference exactly between the shower you speak of and any other political entity, because isn't Salmond guilty of doing exactly the same thing?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Please don't turn this thread into a fight between Labour and Tory supporters..It's about the Scottish Referendum and Salmon is neither,:~)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Please don't turn this thread into a fight between Labour and Tory supporters..It's about the Scottish Referendum and Salmon is neither,:~)
My reply to VM was to make just the point that all politicians tend to want to save their own skins regardless of party, and in that respect Salmond is no different...
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
I shall resist the temptation to do that I was commenting on my view of the current campaign being waged by the "No" campaign that and that alone. I rarely bother to reply to Plantman in any event.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

12-09-2014, 01:47 PM

Well I don't really give two hoots about Salmond OR His skin,lol,as long as He gets Scotland what it wants,He'll have done His job.

Page 11 of 33 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top