Join for free
Page 35 of 190 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:07 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Great to see you back again in 'Bob's Bits' Bob, safe running and the best of health to you my friend.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Great to see you back again in 'Bob's Bits' Bob, safe running and the best of health to you my friend.
Thanks Jem, you all feel like part of my family now, I've always kept up with you and the lads (Oh' and Solo) on Leisurely Scribbles, but I'm ready to shuffle into my comfy writing chair once more and excite you with my tales of wonder......Well at least it will save you from counting sheep while waiting to be overcome by sleep of an evening.

It's a friends 69th birthday today so I'm taking her and hubby for the day out; good food and conversation over an orange juice 'Im driving. But first, me and our lass walked a swift three miler along the canal towpath. The time is fast approaching to start jogging again, I was chomping at the bit. We could hardly see a thing through the mist, and a heavy dew was clinging to the grassy bits. It felt so warm though.

Just sprinkled some nuts on to me porridge and its hard to write and eat at the same time, so I'll catch you later.....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:02 PM

I'm more of a reader than a contributor these days Bob, but pleased to catch up with you again. Hope the weather was better than it is here for your walk this morning !!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I'm more of a reader than a contributor these days Bob, but pleased to catch up with you again. Hope the weather was better than it is here for your walk this morning !!
Thanks Val, it's good to hear from you. We did manage to walk in dry weather yesterday morning at around seven'ish but by nine the rain came down and on our drive up to North Yorkshire for lunch we drove through some very heavy bursts. After lunch we retreated to Macarthur Glen Shopping Mall at York, by the time the girls had had enough the rain had stopped and we were greeted by a massive harvest mood on the way home.

I went solo this morning as all that shopping yesterday must have tired O/H out and she slept in. I jogged most of it but the Achilles was a bit naggy after I stopped so I'm not ready to go sprinting off into the sunset just yet but the weather was dry and still warm; but as I am writing this it's pouring down.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:18 PM

We were at Mcarthur Glen on Saturday Bob on our way to Leeds for the weekend. its a great place to shop, especially when the weather's bad. I've never seen the place so busy as it was on Saturday.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 04:33 PM

Hi Bob,
I'm enjoying this 'journal' pal. I've read 12 pages thus far and I do enjoy this kind of thing - you certainly have some tales to tell and it's refreshing to read some coherent, descriptive stories after some of the forums I've participated on the past couple of years.
Keep up the running, cycling et al, you're a credit to physical fitness and a model example of why it's never too late to get involved in activities, especially outdoors.
I'll pop in when time constraints allow, Bob. Take care bud and thanks for a fine read
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Bob,
I'm enjoying this 'journal' pal. I've read 12 pages thus far and I do enjoy this kind of thing - you certainly have some tales to tell and it's refreshing to read some coherent, descriptive stories after some of the forums I've participated on the past couple of years.
Keep up the running, cycling et al, you're a credit to physical fitness and a model example of why it's never too late to get involved in activities, especially outdoors.
I'll pop in when time constraints allow, Bob. Take care bud and thanks for a fine read
Your comments have really cheered me up Floydy. While not being able to go out and break a sweat with some running I feel like there's something missing, so for now it's more about looking back rather than looking into the future. I'm sure that I will soon be jogging down the river banks or the long country lanes, but for now I must be patient and allow my Achilles to heal. I appreciate your comments and take inspiration from a fellow keep fit enthusiast.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 08:43 PM

Bob, so good that you're making the most of your energy, gumption and zest...c'mon man, in this day and age of lazy ne'er-do-well's that are barely in their 20-something's lounging around on their sofas with their video games - that is some going pal!
Thanks for the kind word also. I've always kept fit for as long as I can remember, whether it be by cycling, running, weight training, swimming, whatever...it's what I do. It's in my psyche. mate, we're all driven!

I'm just about to read some more of your thread, but until we speak next time....hope your Achilles doesn't take too long to heal bud and as Steve Winwood once said - "Keep On Running"!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Bob, so good that you're making the most of your energy, gumption and zest...c'mon man, in this day and age of lazy ne'er-do-well's that are barely in their 20-something's lounging around on their sofas with their video games - that is some going pal!
Thanks for the kind word also. I've always kept fit for as long as I can remember, whether it be by cycling, running, weight training, swimming, whatever...it's what I do. It's in my psyche. mate, we're all driven!

I'm just about to read some more of your thread, but until we speak next time....hope your Achilles doesn't take too long to heal bud and as Steve Winwood once said - "Keep On Running"!
Gosh. Stevie Winwood......Spencer Davis Group..happy memories of the sixties..........

Originally Posted by Jem ->
And all the people said AMEN......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-11-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Gosh. Stevie Winwood......Spencer Davis Group..happy memories of the sixties..........
And all the people said AMEN......
Blimey RJ you're up early this morning. They say if you can remember the sixties then you weren't there! I was 'now't but a' kid' but I have fond memories of the music.
Was 'Amen' a reference to 'Amen Corner' RJ, It's my physio's song....'Bend Me Shape Me'.....

I've just come back from a very useful five miles in the fog. Did a lot of jogging too, and no ill effects thus far. Could this be the start of 'Bob's Comeback'.....Which as it appens reminds me of another song, 'Baby Come Back' but I can't remember who sang it.......Anybody?

Page 35 of 190 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top