Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Re: Bowel cancer screening

Thanks guys, I am really fine, I am not worrying at all, my guess it is caused by one of my two complaints, and if it isn't and it is the dreaded big C, I shall just take it as it comes, stress only causes these things to happen.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Good luck with your test,dont worry about it they do sometimes call people back,just go with the flow and keep calm.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 09:25 AM

As you say sir there maybe many reasons for blood in the stools. Have you considered looking at your diet?

One of the main reason for this is poor nutrition and dehydration. Many people do not drink enough water which helps digest foods by helping to dissolve solids. Also a lack of fiber in the diet causes constipation breaking small blood vessels in the colon. More whole grains, nuts, seeds and fruit and veg are needed in the diet to stop this. Fiber also cleans out the colon removing fomented food waste, therefore helping to remove toxins a major cause of bowel cancer.

Also look at potty training!
people of the third world have less constipation because they squat when going to the toilet, when we sit the alimentary canal is at a right angle and we have to force waste round a bend where as with squatting nature takes over.

All the best
H
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Christ H do you think I don't know how to go to the toilet?
I actually do it properly, and if you like you can visit me and I shall show you.
As for diet I eat the finest diet possible for my condition and have done for 3 years, I eat food I am not fond of, only because it is good for me.
I don't eat red meat, dairy, sugar, fat, sweets or chocolates all considered unhealthy.
I don't smoke, and I am teetotal, I exercise everyday of the week, so to be sure I am doing everything possible to live a little longer.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 04:27 PM

Please excuse me for thinking you were not potty trained!

You set a fine example.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 06:58 PM

A couple of years ago, I had a prolonged 'change in bowel movements' so I went to see my GP. He explained that they stared off with the 'worst case' scenario and then worked down. So it was getting 'poked' in various places, various samples taken etc.. all of which were negative. So then it was a flexible sigmoidascope and a couple of months later, a double contrast barium enema. This was quite unpleasant, but again it was negative and by then everything had returned to normal anyway and the doctor questioned why I was even there.

So, my GP put it down to 'Irritable bowel syndrome' which he explained was real enough, but what you were left with when they didn't know what was wrong! In the middle of this, I received a screening test kit. My GP just said that they were a different part of the NHS and one hand didn't know what the other one was doing.

The doctors were all fine, but the admin couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Been there done that and the tee shirt is is in the drawer,you surely dont expect me to wear it!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

16-11-2012, 11:24 PM

Well the third test came through as OK, but then they add but this doesn't necessarily mean you haven't got it.
Then goes on to say look out for these symptoms and listing them.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 01:06 AM

I just send them the samples. Hubby had severe COPD and on a few occasions went to the University so students could question him about his illness,the last time 3 yrs ago he wasn't well enough, as usual Danny was miffed cos he got paid. Went home the other day to find message on answerphone, asking him to attend coming one,had to ring and explain he's been dead over 2 yrs, felt sorry for the woman terribly embarrassed, definitely left not knowing what right is doing
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 08:51 AM

Hi Wrinkly, try not to worry. I know its easier said than done.
I have had the test twice already and due my third one next year.
Its done every two years for people over 60. You were not chosen
because of any report or anything. They are trying to get as many
people over 60 to take the test. I presusme you must be over 60?
I find it a very awkward test to do but it can be done wrongly when
you first try it.
I am pleased they have asked me to do the test as I was with the
test for ovarian cancer I did. To me its better to be safe than sorry.
Saying that my friends husband now 70 had one a few years ago.
Within a day of them receiving the test back they had a Doctor
ring him up. They both went to the Doctors and were told to go
to a hospital. He was in there within a week and had an operation.
Had they not done that test it would have been too late to catch
in 6 months time. So it does work and its always better to do a
test than to get the real thing.
By the way he is OK now and did enjoy his 70th birthday beginning
of this month. Hope everything turns out well for you. Take care.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top