Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 12:27 AM

My Lousy Feet

Hello this is my first excursion into this site except for my introduction. I am not looking for Medical advice from Medical people, as much as other people experiences.
Briefly: I am 73 years, had Triple Bypass (CABG x 3) at 62, and in the Heart Dep't I am travelling along quite nicely on my fully reconditioned engine and am a happy chappy. My problem that I hope some of you can relate to is like the this. For the last 3 or 4 years I have suffered with Stinging / Burning feet. First I was told it was a Circulation problem (wasted AU$300 on a circulation booster). Then I was told it is Neuropathy (A nerve problem probably caused by Type 2 Diabetes). I have tried about 3 different types of Medication, some cream and even special elastic plaster tape stuck to the length of my feet. Nothing has changed my pain situation, in fact over the last 3 or so weeks the stinging in the balls of my feet and toes hasn’t changed. But I now have a painful bruised feeling in both of my heals. Going back to the Doc in the next day or so.
I should add I am 6 foot one and a half Inches, 93 Kg, (14 Stone 6 Lbs), not overly fit, but can still climb ladders and change the oil in my car. I like to think about average condition.
There must be some people over there on the other side and other end of the world that can relate to my grizzels and grumbles.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 06:40 AM

Re: My Lousy Feet

John - I'm in tears as I write because I suffer horrendous burning hot pins and needles in my hands and feet and considering we put all our weight on our feet - it is horrendous !!!
I have spent a fortune on different products to cool myself down, but I just heat them up in no time, this condition has been with me for years, for me its severe nerve damage......Every step is like walking on hot coals, so the summer is unbearable ......
Bless you - I wish I could help, then we would both be happy.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 07:48 AM

I can relate (in part) to this too John matey, like you, I have type II diabetes, but I also have chronic arthritis. As you will see from my profile have already had both hips and both knees surgically replaced but arthritis has spread down into my feet too (nothing the surgeons can do about that) so I have to live with the pain of it. In wet, and cold weather its bad, but also when the humidity is high (like now).
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 07:56 AM

Hi Pats CG, yep I hear you loud and clear, have you noticed the average suburban GP can usually identify your problem in 2, 3,or 4 guesses, but need a 1000 guesses to come up with a solution. Even a $20 / Hr mechanic can diagnose buggered spark plugs in 5 minutes. I was going to get a quote on feet transplants but my wife said, "Get in the que Sonny Jim, I need a new nail file".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 07:58 AM

My husband has terrible circulation and several ops on his veins to try and help the situation, needs a knee replacement so in pain all the time, but despite the pain finds exercise is the only way to help his feet. He tries to walk a few miles a day and keeps his ankles mobile when sitting. Hurts like heck but it does help with the pins and needles sensation and stops his feet turning quite so black. Never look quite pink but they are a little better.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

22-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Hi Uncle Joe, your problems are obviously more severe than mine, so you are really paying a high price. I have a spread of Arthritis around my body which Panadol Osteo helps with. Had a Total Knee Flop, which my Doctor had the hide to call a Total Knee Replacement, and you can chuck in a Triple Bypass which is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me. Fortunately I live in Carnarvon West Aust, which probably has about as good Weather on average as anywhere in the world.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

22-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Hi Julie 1962, good luck with your Hubbies Knee Replacement. From what I have learnt Hip Replacements are fairly easy to survive with, and for my money Knees are a lottery. Mine has given me trouble for the last 6 years. But having said that I have a 90 year old Aunty that had both knees replaced about 10 years ago and she is as happy as pie. So I just shut up so I don't sound like a sook.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 10:23 AM

I doubt he will ever get it done, he has been on the waiting list for years was taken off when he put on weight and is now trying to lose enough to go back on the waiting list. But it sounds like his weight is an excuse as UJ seems to get ops easy and he is bigger than my hubby.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 11:16 AM

Simmo I am borderline type 2 diabetic, so they tell me but if I don't take medication for it I haven't got it (ongoing argument with GP over it) However have got Neuropathy in both feet burning sensation and like walking on pebbles. GP says there is medication up to me whether I take it or not, but she didn't think it would help much, didn't seem any point then.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

22-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Haxel, can you tell me the name of the medication you are referring to, as I would like to try it just in case.
Cheers.....Simmo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top