Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Gastroscopy

I am having a gastroscopy next Wednesday, for nasty problem I have, I am a Barratts sufferer.
I have had many of them over the years and never bothered about them, but this time I feel very apprehensive about it.
You just hope they don't find anything too nasty, but never mind it has to be done.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 03:01 PM

Re: Gastroscopy

Hope all is well.. It appears you have kept up with your follow ups, so if anything nasty IS found it would be managed...but good luck to you.. Never had an EGD myself, but have endured several scopes in the opposite direction.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Good luck wrinkly hope it all goes well for you !
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Oh dear I feel for you, I am due next year for a coloscopy,not looking forward to it ,hate them.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Good luck for next week Arfur.
I had to look up Barretts - most unpleasant for you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Arthur I have had an endoscopy (same thing I think) , 'a piece of cake' as they say don't worry about it.
I refused any form of sedation and just had a numbing spray.

All those men (and they were all men ) who had the sedation were coughing and spluttering afterwards while I was on my way home along with the other woman who refused sedation.

Good luck
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 08:15 PM

A few years ago I had an endoscopy to check out a stomach problem . It turned out to be ulcers- anyway, I too just had the spray and, apart from a bit of retching and the discomfort of it, it wasn't too bad.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 08:55 PM

Just had a colonoscopy, next week having a barium follow through, probably have a gastroscopy next. I'm quite happy to have all of it, (except the laxative dynamite). My sister has had colon cancer which spread to her liver, 3 years or so of chemo, bits of colon removed & a third of her liver, now she's had radio-active beads put in her liver to shrink a tumour away from an artery so they can remove it safely, took 2 days of lying still in and several scans in one of those tunnels. Now a gastrocopy doesn't sound too bad, does it? Be brave! Hope it all turns out well for you xx
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 10:03 PM

I had an endoscopy about 12 years back to rectify Achalasia, and like other women here, simply had the spray. I recall a nurse sitting behind my head, stroking my forehead and talking gently to me, made everything much easier.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 08:18 PM

Im going to impress you now.... lol... Nah... not really.. BUT the proper name for the procedure is EGD... Ready?

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy

Seriously... I've been waiting to haul this tidbit out! It took me about 10 years to learn to say and spell it..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top