Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Re: Gastroscopy

I hope it all goes well for you Wrinkly
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Thanks for your good wishes.
I have had one of these nearly every 2nd year for the best part of 13 years, so the procedure no problem, but having suffered illness since Christmas, I just have that gut feeling {excuse the pun} this time they may find something.
Had a letter today from them saying I had to have an ultrasound scan on my birthday, I can't eat for 6 hours before, and my scan is 5 - 30pm, but I can eat after no problem.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 06:54 AM

Today is the day, I got up at 5-45 to get a couple of breakfasts in, and about 3 mugs of latte, on my second now, then I can't eat or drink until after the gastroscopy which should be all over by about 3 pm.
Strange how you always feel hungry and thirsty when you can't have it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Today is the day, I got up at 5-45 to get a couple of breakfasts in, and about 3 mugs of latte, on my second now, then I can't eat or drink until after the gastroscopy which should be all over by about 3 pm.
Strange how you always feel hungry and thirsty when you can't have it.
I remember it well Arthur I longed for a cup of tea
Good luck..
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

14-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Thanks Meg, Swmbo is sitting behind me chomping on something with a mug of tea, grrrrr!
I'm hungry!!!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Good luck to you... hoping for the very best results.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

14-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Thank you Lynn, all over now, I just got home at 6-35 a long day without food or drink, good job it wasn't in that heatwave.
Right no bad news as yet, they could see nothing to cause alarm, they have taken 3 biopsies, one from my duodenum, one from my Barratts and one from my stomach.
they did say the one from my stomach was to check for celiac [sp] disease, not pleasant but manageable with gluten free.
I shall have this scan in a fortnight and we should have all results back, and have a clearer picture.
So not so bad after all!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 07:14 PM

That's good to hear... I'm thinking everything will check out just fine.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
... all over now, I just got home at 6-35 a long day without food or drink, good job it wasn't in that heatwave.
Right no bad news as yet, they could see nothing to cause alarm, they have taken 3 biopsies, one from my duodenum, one from my Barratts and one from my stomach.
they did say the one from my stomach was to check for celiac [sp] disease, not pleasant but manageable with gluten free.
I shall have this scan in a fortnight and we should have all results back, and have a clearer picture.
So not so bad after all!
Glad that your procedure went well, and here's hoping for a positive outcome Wrinkly.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 09:09 PM

I hope everything turns out well for you Wrinkly.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top