Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 09:03 AM

Re: Gastroscopy

Thanks folks!
I had a bad night, awaking at 3 am. and not getting to sleep for a couple of hours, and my throat was very sore.
Fine now after some breakfast and a cup of latte, off to the gym for some exercise shortly.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 09:44 AM

As you are obviously having a problem, hence need for tests, I'll say I hope they find something not too serious, so that you can get better soon.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Hope it turns out well! My thoughts are with you! Had my barium yesterday, got prodded something awful! Well I drank the stuff, but it didn't come out again! I hope it's safe! The things we have to put up with! Be nice to have something that didn't involve laxatives!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Hope it turns out well! My thoughts are with you! Had my barium yesterday, got prodded something awful! Well I drank the stuff, but it didn't come out again! I hope it's safe! The things we have to put up with! Be nice to have something that didn't involve laxatives!
It will do, and it's safe.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 01:34 PM

twizard i hope your sister get on okay....she's been through the mill...bless her...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Thanks, she's still laughing, mostly at me!
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 01:42 PM

My son, 29, just had one of these done in early July. They did a biopsy on him, as well. Thank goodness all turned out well, he seemed to go through it okay. This is where they put a small tv down through your throat, to take a look around. He has had no problems since, except for a "warm" throat now and then.

Hope all goes well for you Wrinkly, good luck

Dee
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:46 PM

Still struggling to sleep, what has happened somehow they/me ricked my neck, I know the nurse laid across me holding my head down, that is to stop you drawing back, so that is the only way it could have happened.
Nevermind it should right it's self in my sleep, so here's hoping tonight's the night.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

11-09-2013, 06:23 PM

We have at last got some sort of diagnosis, it appears I have a few gallstones.
I have to see the consultant for a treatment now.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 06:40 PM

I am a little bemused as to how a gastroscopy could be used to diagnose gall stones, this is usually done by a colycystogramme, I know because I had both when they were investigating symptoms from Achalasia.

This may or may not be useful; when my step father had kidney stones several years ago, his local hospital was using a 'then' new method, whereby he lay in a special bath and they then directed intense sound waves at the stones which thus shattered said stones small enough to pass without discomfort. Not sure if this is possible with gall stones though, may be worth asking.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top