Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 10:27 PM

Re: Gastroscopy

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
We have at last got some sort of diagnosis, it appears I have a few gallstones.
I have to see the consultant for a treatment now.
Join the club Wrinkly, I have had a gallstone for a year now. It started a week after I had a hysterectomy, I went to have a MRI MRCP scan to see if any of my bile ducts are blocked but I couldn't fit into the scanner due to my large BMI size so I've got an appointment at Harley Street, London next month to go into an Open MRI scanner which caters for obese patients. This scan I am having looks straight into your liver. They may suggest you have one as well.

I expect you will have an op to remove your gallbladder, probably keyhole surgery. Do let us know what treatment you will be having once you've seen the consultant as I for one will be interested. Good luck.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 10:52 PM

Glad you've heard at last Wrinkly, still waiting for my Barium results, no news is good news I hope!
vivity
Perth Western Australia
vivity is female  vivity has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 11:17 PM

The Laparoscopic removal of Gall Bladder is brilliant and they even use glue instead of stitches these days. Just one night in hospital and then I had a few days staying with friends actually gave me a holiday!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
I am a little bemused as to how a gastroscopy could be used to diagnose gall stones, this is usually done by a colycystogramme, I know because I had both when they were investigating symptoms from Achalasia.

This may or may not be useful; when my step father had kidney stones several years ago, his local hospital was using a 'then' new method, whereby he lay in a special bath and they then directed intense sound waves at the stones which thus shattered said stones small enough to pass without discomfort. Not sure if this is possible with gall stones though, may be worth asking.
Des I had an ultrasound scan yesterday!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top