Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:13 PM

Re: kidney cysts

Da Vinci? is that what we would call key hole surgery here?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Da Vinci? is that what we would call key hole surgery here?
I suppose... it's done by a robot and the surgeon can operate the controls from the other side of the room.. OR the other side of the world for that matter. I have 3 little tiny knicks above the belly button to show for it. And next to no pain after. Just a little sore.. that's all.. Considering that years ago one would have a big incision from that.. it's amazing.

valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 04:11 PM

I think our keyhole is mainly done by the surgeon rather than robots, but same idea, only small cuts, I had 3 small cuts, one was by belly button when I had gall bladder removed.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 04:30 PM

I think our keyhole is mainly done by the surgeon rather than robots, but same idea, only small cuts, I had 3 small cuts, one was by belly button when I had gall bladder removed.
Here that's called laproscopic surgery..
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 07:04 PM

MIS (minimal invasive surgery) or laparoscopic surgery requires only small "keyhole" incisions in the abdomen.
zoe
New Member!
pa. usa
zoe is female 

15-09-2013, 01:46 AM

OK, so had the ultra sound. Was told I have two very tiny cysts on my left kidney. The right kidney is clear. Nothing to worry about. The problem is I have been having pain on my right side and back, that is why I had the cat scan in the first place. They say everything looks ok, appendix, gallbladder, but now I am not sure. So I am going to have to find another doctor as the one I have been seeing just seems to think it's all in my head. Anyway, just wanted to check back here. Thanks all.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by zoe ->
OK, so had the ultra sound. Was told I have two very tiny cysts on my left kidney. The right kidney is clear. Nothing to worry about. The problem is I have been having pain on my right side and back, that is why I had the cat scan in the first place. They say everything looks ok, appendix, gallbladder, but now I am not sure. So I am going to have to find another doctor as the one I have been seeing just seems to think it's all in my head. Anyway, just wanted to check back here. Thanks all.
Why are you 'not sure' zoe?
zoe
New Member!
pa. usa
zoe is female 

15-09-2013, 11:39 PM

I'm not sure because I have pain on my right side abdomen and the kidney area right back. It is a constant ache I wake with and is there throughout the day. This is the reason for all the tests.
I have been having this pain for a few months now, have had all sorts of tests and no one can tell me what it is. The doctor said it was the kidney cysts, but the US shows that the cysts are very tiny and on the left side. Now he says the cysts are to small to cause pain. The pain is on the right side, not the left. I need to find out what is causing the pain.
zoe
New Member!
pa. usa
zoe is female 

20-09-2013, 10:38 PM

Now I am even more freaked out. The urologist said I have blood in my urine and now wants to do a Cystoscopy. This scares me so much. I am due to have this next week, I don't think my anxiety can be any higher. I tried looking this up on the net, but had to stop,
Sorry to post here, I just have no one to discuss this with,
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:07 AM

Zoe darlin' - don't PANIC!!!! - it could be kidney stones (like grit really) travelling down the urinary tract - which is why you have pain in the kidney area and evidence of blood in your urine.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top