Join for free
ZX81
Alresford and beond
ZX81 is male 

01-02-2015, 10:56 PM

Deaf in one ear

I think I'm going deaf in one ear.
My right ear seems to be going deaf about 50%.
I have seen the doctor twice and he sent me to have both ears syringed, about 3 months in between each visit.
Still the same but as I walk my dog I decided to buy a MP3 player, one side is loud other side low.
As I walked I coughed and my bad ear went loud for 3 seconds, I did it again and yes 3 more seconds.
Now do you remember when you are in a plane and your ears pop, was told to hold your nose and blow.
I tried that and I could hear but only for 30 seconds.
Any idea what's going on.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 11:27 PM

Re: Deaf in one ear

It's possible that you could have a blocked eustachian tube.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 11:32 PM

Sinus trouble or ear wax.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 01:06 AM

My wife says I am going deaf as well, but there is a reason for it. For 21years+ I had my wife and kennel manageress on at me in stereo. So now I conveniently turn off
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ZX81 ->
I think I'm going deaf in one ear.
My right ear seems to be going deaf about 50%.
I have seen the doctor twice and he sent me to have both ears syringed, about 3 months in between each visit.
Still the same but as I walk my dog I decided to buy a MP3 player, one side is loud other side low.
As I walked I coughed and my bad ear went loud for 3 seconds, I did it again and yes 3 more seconds.
Now do you remember when you are in a plane and your ears pop, was told to hold your nose and blow.
I tried that and I could hear but only for 30 seconds.
Any idea what's going on.
See your doctor, I remember many decades ago my Old Man had exactly the same symptoms - the doctor looked; then flushed a heap of wax out of his ear and his hearing was restored.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
See your doctor, I remember many decades ago my Old Man had exactly the same symptoms - the doctor looked; then flushed a heap of wax out of his ear and his hearing was restored.
The OP did say this...."I have seen the doctor twice and he sent me to have both ears syringed, about 3 months in between each visit"
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
My wife says I am going deaf as well, but there is a reason for it. For 21years+ I had my wife and kennel manageress on at me in stereo. So now I conveniently turn off
My partner says I suffer from selective deafness. I can only hear two things she says. One of which is 'dinner is ready' and the other is ' I fancy an early ????' Do you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:44 PM

Erm . . this thread was from five years ago.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top