Join for free
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 08:43 AM

Nail Polishing (Diabetes}

Something Mups said on another thread about machines that are used for health.
I bought my wife a nail polisher at Boots but before going out the shop I read the instructions inside the box.
It clearly stated that you shouldn't use it if you had diabetes, of course I complained to the manager telling him it should be on the outside of the box, whether they took them off the shelf I don't know because they had a big advertising campaign on ITV selling them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 08:55 AM

Re: Nail Polishing (Diabetes}

Yes its very annoying when you get something home and you find it is not suitable for you - they 'should' put the message 'outside' of the box
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:18 AM

I wonder why diabetics shouldn't use them?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Something Mups said on another thread about machines that are used for health.
I bought my wife a nail polisher at Boots but before going out the shop I read the instructions inside the box.
It clearly stated that you shouldn't use it if you had diabetes, of course I complained to the manager telling him it should be on the outside of the box, whether they took them off the shelf I don't know because they had a big advertising campaign on ITV selling them.

I agree 100% with you Wrinkly. It is totally wrong to have to hand over your money for something, only to find you can't use it after all.
Well done you for finding out early.

The Paingone pen I was on about in the other thread is the same.
All over the outside it says about it being 'fast, effective and drug-free pain relief' etc, but not a word about not suitable for anyone with a pacemaker.
Fortunately I don't have a problem so can use mine, but I would have been very annoyed to have bought it for nothing.
Also, alot of this clear, rigid packaging now makes you unable to open to read first.
I guess it's all to get our money!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top