Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 09:28 AM

Coronary Heart Disease {CHD}

As you know I have CHD, not from lifestyle but from having rheumatoid arthritis.
CHD the UK's Biggest Killer
Now whilst in hospital on Wednesday, I noticed how many young folks there were, in my ward 3 below 50, one in particular was a rugby union referee.
Now there was double the amount of women in there than men, this is obviously different to the figures in the link, but there was a few women well below 40 and 1 looked in her 30's.
Proving in my opinion not an old folks disease.
Now I have never had what one would call a pain, not even when I had my heart attacks {this is what they call a silent heart attack}
I hope you will not get panicky from my posting, but think if you are getting regular sensations that you can't pinpoint, or feeling awful tired, nip along to your GP's and get your self checked out. Angina
Please read the links they could save your life or a friends life.
Remember this is not about folks being overweight, far from it, the disease can hit folks who are slim and athletic.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 09:45 AM

Re: Coronary Heart Disease {CHD}

Heart disease runs in both sides of my family, my brother had 2 heart attacks when he was 57, my dad died when he was 50, so I am very careful.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 12:32 PM

I got angina they gave me nirto spray
not a plesant feeling at all
ended up having to have a st jude heart valve just over 3 months ago
they told me I had a bio cusp as well as the aorta valve only as pig as a needle hole get your hearts checked
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Thank you for those wise words, Arthur - it is so easy to overlook repetitive niggles/sensations where you are not feeling actual pain.

I'm so pleased you are now being well looked after by your hospital after experiencing two heart attacks and are able to pass on your advice to others.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thank you for those wise words, Arthur - it is so easy to overlook repetitive niggles/sensations where you are not feeling actual pain.

I'm so pleased you are now being well looked after by your hospital after experiencing two heart attacks and are able to pass on your advice to others.
Well you never know Mags, if I can help someone realise maybe they have a problem.
My wife for instance is a good example, she once said to me that she was feeling old, "Why" I asked, apparently she could no longer keep up with her daughters when out shopping, and one particular time she was out of breath when going up a slope.
Needless to say I packed her off to the GP, who then sent her for an angiogram, turns out she has a minor artery blockage.
They gave her a GTN spray to carry around, glad to say she hasn't had to use it.
Getting puffed out when walking up slopes and regular indigestion can be signs of heart problems, not always I must emphasise.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 05:00 PM

That was kind of you to think of others whilst you are ill.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Have had 'odd' chest pains for many years - finally had a major pain which caused me to collapse. Taken to hospital where it was discovered I had had a Pulmonary Embolism. Have had four more Emboli subsequently. Lungs are now badly scarred and one doesn't work very well at all. Have been prescribed Rat Poison (Warfarin) for the rest of my life.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 12:11 AM

I'm so sorry you have CHD, Arthur. It can't be easy to cope with, but that was a very positive post and a reminder that we should get ourselves checked out.

My partner Gordon was as fit as a butcher's dog, still plastering and running up and down scaffolding into his 60s then, one Friday night in 2008, he just died at age 64.

He'd never had a day's illness in his life that I was aware of, was strong as a bull, muscular, ate well and did all the healthy stuff, including keeping a tight reign on his fitness regime on the home gym.

Nobody knew he had a heart problem, and I was told after the post mortem that it had been hard to determine how he'd died, but it was a small blood vessel near his heart which exploded causing heart failure.

As devastated as I am, even after four years, I take some relief that it happened at home and not whilst he was driving on the motorway.

Edit: I've just read this about a fit 23 year old footballer:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/footballer-...184435158.html
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

14-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Another footballer collapsed and died today in Italy, this is after a referee collapsed and died last week.
These folks you would never dream were ill, but one never knows.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=How2buildMuscle;187616]Can any one please suggest a simple exercise for heart patient. Thanks in advance!
________[link removed]____________________

A gentle walk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top