Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Re: MPs to vote on Brexit

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I suppose one could say the Bankers & Elite. Just saying.
Or the better informed and the ones with the longest widest view.

Why do some keep turning this into a class war?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
This is something I have just posted on another similar site !"

Well I have been pleased by today's ruling!!

Thank goodness we are beginning to see some sense. The caricature elderly thick working class voter who voted leave to see less Polish plumbers did not vote for the value of the pound to be reduced by nearly 20%! Any solutions??

I know from experience with this site that I am likely to get ordure poured upon my head from a great height and I just got fed up with some of the far Right here and stopped posting! But this is so serious that it is worth upsetting them again!!

I think we are being sent to " Hell In a Handcart "!!
Diddums, just have a nice glass of Horlicks and don"t worry yourself. you may not have to post again.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Or the better informed and the ones with the longest widest view.

Why do some keep turning this into a class war?
Because they did not really understand what they were voting for. I know many who thought that it was a good way to "punish" Cameron, not realising that it would mean a Conservative government for years.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wonder if, without prejudice or malice or reference to "the other side" could anyone tell me what they expected to happen after the result of the referendum?
If it had gone the Remain way, nothing would have changed. Would there have been a huge fuss?
It went the Leave way and it was like a leap in the dark, is it what you expected?
What is different to what you thought would happen?
Just asking. Not judging, as I could quite easily have voted to leave but chose the "safe" way.
I think I expected that, whichever way the vote went, the government would accept it and do the best for this country. I remember people saying that a leave vote would not be accepted, but I also believed that a British government would accept which way the people voted. Unfortunately, I am now thinking that maybe there are some underhand people, who are doing all they can to make sure the remain vote will succeed. This enforces my belief that no politician can be trusted, because I am sure that some have contributed to this court action. They didn't expect "Leave" to win and I feel that ways to reverse it, if it did, were being considered long before the referendum!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Is demonstrating, however well behaved, going to help? If the government has done things wrong, perhaps writing to Theresa May or the MP's involved or an online petition is a better way.

I wish I hadn't posted this thread, it going to descend into name calling and arguing again I feel.
If it does I'll ask for it to be removed.
Can we not discuss things rationally?
Honestly what more can you expect.
May I suggest if you find the thread upsetting you refrain from it. People feel rightly aggrieved, and it is their prerogative to express their feelings.
However, if you hadn"t someone else would have ,and why shouldn't they ?
So don"t feel bad.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Look on the bright side Morti, at least you would have the grace to accept the result of a democratic vote, no matter which way you voted, and that makes you a decent, intelligent human being on my book!
Instead of an old bigot
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:52 PM

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
Instead of an old bigot
Agent how could you say that about my pal Morti?
I may have to see you round the back of the bike sheds again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 07:17 PM

Hi

To paraphrase then, we have a Referendum, majority vote wins.

Then we have a vote in Parliament, where your vote doesn't count if your MP does not think it is best for you and others in your constituency.

Not a great way to run a Democracy perhaps?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 07:27 PM

I would've hoped once that me MP would have wanted to be voted in again, but it seems that doesn't happen.
Your posts SF are usually reasoned and polite to everyone no matter what their views.

Just saying, it's nice...

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top