Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Re: Humans - A Plague on Earth!

I agree with Richard Attenburgh.

We all have mothers either alive of dead but our main mother is Mother Nature, as humans we are neglecting her either by over populating her resources or damaging her environment with our audacious ways of living.
It is time to somehow put limits onto human beings so that Mother Nature can carry on with her caring for the other creatures that live here who can not ask humans for help.
Animals were here long before humans so they have more right to Mother Earth and her resources than we do so we should think about assisting her in the fight to keep thriving.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebell ->
Unfortunately there is also a strong correlation between producing large families and both poverty and low IQ, so if we don't stop soon we will have a country overrun by people who don't have the intellectual capacity to see what needs to be done.
I think you have to be careful about causality here. Large families do not cause poverty and low IQ, but low IQ and large families can produce poverty. Anyway....

Check out the film "Idiocracy" - it's supposed to be a satirical comedy, but it is actually very scary stuff. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Its main premise is that today, in the West, evolution has stopped because intelligent people are breeding later and fewer children, while less intelligent people are breeding earlier and more children. As a result the average IQ of society sinks lower and lower with disastrous results.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 03:05 AM

Well of course humans are a plague on this planet; not just a plague, but a parasite. Why would that be questioned?

We may be the dominant species, but who said we were the most intelligent, gentle-natured, caring or tolerant of our own species? We're not.

We are the species that murder our own kind. We are the species that are intolerant of what we consider to be lesser life-forms. We are the species that commit paedophilia on our children. We are the species that rape for gratification. Animals don't do any of those things, and I see that Willow has once again made herself unpopular, despite her protestations in her I'm Back thread in Introductions. I didn't think it would take her long.

I am with Val (The Dog Lover) to a certain point about how many children there should be to one family but, I think family allowance should stop at two and, if the family can afford more out of their own pocket, then fine.

As to the IQ of family "breeding," what does IQ have to do with anything? How many people know their own IQ unless they have sat a MENSA test? I have, so I know mine, but IQ isn't important - education is.

By Antbrown:

Animals were here long before humans so they have more right to Mother Earth and her resources than we do so we should think about assisting her in the fight to keep thriving

Absolutely.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->

We are the species that murder our own kind. We are the species that are intolerant of what we consider to be lesser life-forms. We are the species that commit paedophilia on our children. We are the species that rape for gratification. Animals don't do any of those things
Actually, many species of animals (higher mammals in particular) do all these things. I've owned dogs all my life and have seen all these things done by dogs. I guess the difference is that they are acting instinctively not as a result of (more or less) rational thought.
For example, the male sire of a six month old bitch who comes into season will mate with that bitch (whether she is willing or not). I've also seen dogs "pack up" and kill other dogs. The term "nature red in tooth and claw" is a reality not a myth. It is the "beautiful, peaceful lovey dovey natural world " which is the myth.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 10:58 PM

You are quite right Mick. Anyone who has watched wild life programmes know that animals kill their own kind out of self interest. Lions who take over a pride will kill all the cubs, they will also kill cubs belonging to rival predators.
Alpha female wild dogs, will either kill or kidnap pups that have been born to a lower ranking female. The political life of chimps is well documented. Almost all groups of animals have a hierarchy and fight furiously to maintain it. So they are not the nice furry, little creatures some think.
Bluebell
Berkshire, UK
Bluebell is female  Bluebell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 11:57 PM

Ok Mollie– so perhaps I should have said intelligence rather than IQ, which is a measure but not a perfect one of some aspects of intelligence, but whether or not you know your IQ you still sit somewhere on a spectrum of intelligence. I do agree education is also important. I wasn’t trying to generalise about all large familes being poor or unintelligent, but it is a fact that poorly educated people statistically have more children than well-educated people, and I would argue that country is producing more stupid people as a result. One (controversial) reason may be that with intelligence comes the ability to see the consequences of having too many children, both personally and on the planet.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 12:31 AM

Bluebell - I completely agree with you. It DOES matter whether you are reasonably intelligent or not. I taught disturbed and challenging kids all my life and although I cared about them, in the end it is obvious that no one can put in what isn't there and no one can reason with a person who doesn't have the capacity to reason, in spite of any amount of education.

That is not being cruel or unfeeling, it's just an unfortunate fact of human existence. Some of us are born blind, some are born physically disabled and some are born with low intellectual capacity.

I live in a place where it is a demonstrable fact. Tasmania is a small island with little opportunity for children who achieve high professional qualifications. Most of them leave the island for better chances and never return, That "brain drain" has a marked effect on this place. The gene pool is lowered significantly. We have some of the poorest suburbs in the whole country.

And you are quite right - people with low intelligence do not see the consequence of their actions - that is why so many criminals re-offend. There has been a lot of brainwashing done in recent decades about education being the answer to all our problems, as if ALL children can be educated to the same level if only we try hard enough. It's about time we all accepted that is not true and never has been.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 08:40 AM

I think the abillity to "care" is a more important attribute to being Human, than being clever or stupid.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think the abillity to "care" is a more important attribute to being Human, than being clever or stupid.
Caring too much can drive you mad Spitfire.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
Bluebell - I completely agree with you. It DOES matter whether you are reasonably intelligent or not. I taught disturbed and challenging kids all my life and although I cared about them, in the end it is obvious that no one can put in what isn't there and no one can reason with a person who doesn't have the capacity to reason, in spite of any amount of education.

That is not being cruel or unfeeling, it's just an unfortunate fact of human existence. Some of us are born blind, some are born physically disabled and some are born with low intellectual capacity.

And you are quite right - people with low intelligence do not see the consequence of their actions - that is why so many criminals re-offend.
There has been a lot of brainwashing done in recent decades about education being the answer to all our problems, as if ALL children can be educated to the same level if only we try hard enough.
It's about time we all accepted that is not true and never has been.
Couldn't have put it better myself jaywalker. stevmk2

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top