Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 09:12 PM

cheaper heroin from Afgghanistan

we once heard stories of the Yanks in Afghanistan teaching the locals to grow crops to replace opium production. think again - poppy production is on the increase. It is now predicted that cheaper heroin is available in USA and UK and increased deaths are arising because of this.

the unpredictable effects of the Wests influence in Afghanistan

Incidentally during the reign of the Taliban poppy production was not permissible - so this is the trade off - democracy for Afghanistan equals more deaths for the West. Makes you think heh?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wo...oin-supply-un/
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 09:25 PM

Re: cheaper heroin from Afgghanistan

I get the impression that every time the west meddles with the affairs of the rest of the world things only get worse.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 09:40 PM

Perhaps if they legalized it, supplied it through doctors, the growers would have an income and it could be better regulated. I don't know, just a suggestion!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps if they legalized it, supplied it through doctors, the growers would have an income and it could be better regulated. I don't know, just a suggestion!
not a bad idea - they're doing that in parts of the USA right now with cannabis
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I get the impression that every time the west meddles with the affairs of the rest of the world things only get worse.
I'm inclined to agree with you Alan, they made a right dogs dinner of everywhere they've been by interfering and now they wonder why this is all happening, unbelievable!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 10:05 PM

Didn't we introduce opium to China? Seems to have spread! Oooops!
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

28-06-2015, 04:31 AM

Afghanistan was once a celebrated stop off on the Magic Bus route to India. Backpackers would also hang out there to smoke some of the world's finest hashish. It was also rather a peaceful place.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
Afghanistan was once a celebrated stop off on the Magic Bus route to India. Backpackers would also hang out there to smoke some of the world's finest hashish. It was also rather a peaceful place.
Thing began to go wrong in Afghanistan when the Russians invaded. The American started to arm the anti-Russians and those arms were later used to attack the Western Powers (notably the Americans).
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
exactly ; heroin and cannabis 'chill' people out but ice and cocaine get you high and excitable. I'd rather hang out with the former!
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

28-06-2015, 01:42 PM

I'm with you on that regarding pot, I've had a sweet leaf habit on and off since I was 16. Heroin though is a different beast; she's a beautiful wife when first introduced; the honeymoon is heaven, alas when the honeymoon is over she's one helluva difficult woman to shake off and often breaks your heart (or stops it!).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top