Join for free
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Re: Where is the Prime Minister/

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have been watching the news reports from the start and my over all feeling was sorrow and compassion for those poor people but now when I watch I just feel anger towards the mob that has jumped on the bandwagon with scenes reminiscent of the third world. Idiots like the 42 year old child, Russell Brand make me sick. The soap-shy streak of p*ss should be dropped out of a plane over the Atlantic.
Isn't that the way with these star studded activists and leaders of activist events ? Get on the stand give your speech but then disappear after raising emotions and let the mob take over, quite often resulting in injury and trauma.

'Momentum' are almost certainly involved somewhere, and they are a serious threat to the stability of this country. They apparently support JC , but McKlusky has said he will join them . There are big movements afoot which are returning us to the 70's/80's unrest and as McDonnell has called for 1 million people to congregate in London, it's an already planned event to bring the Government down. Unfortunately,I can see nasty time ahead in the very near future. As said it's all pre-planned by Corbyn's cohorts and he pretends he's a peaceable cause or a man of peace. Ha bloody ha !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Brown might have received a bit of criticism but he wasn't hounded like May has been with calls for his resignation because he was cold.
He was constantly faced with calls for his resignation from his own party. He was one of the most personally abused PM's in recent history.

Here's an article from 2008 : "Gordon Brown's personal popularity hits historic low, poll shows" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2481...oll-shows.html

"So grave is Mr Brown's plight that many voters have started to pity him. Forty-two percent said they feel either "very sorry" or "fairly sorry" for the Prime Minister."

Feb 2009 : "Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson calls Gordon Brown 'a one-eyed idiot'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...yed-idiot.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Unfortunately Mrs May doesn't come over in the same way as a celebrity,and that is what many younger voters now want to see.
it's not that she doesn't come over as a celebrity, she doesn't come across as personable and it seems she lacks the emotional intelligence required for such a powerful role. It's not that she can't go through the motions of doing what's right for etiquette, but she doesn't seem to be a people-person and her motions when she goes through them are clearly reluctant. The body language is all wrong. She looks thoroughly unhappy at having to do the interpersonal thing. Just as she didn't want to take part in debates or canvass with voters. I wouldn't mind if she was making good decisions but we are not seeing that either.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Isn't that the way with these star studded activists and leaders of activist events ? Get on the stand give your speech but then disappear after raising emotions and let the mob take over, quite often resulting in injury and trauma.

'Momentum' are almost certainly involved somewhere, and they are a serious threat to the stability of this country. They apparently support JC , but McKlusky has said he will join them . There are big movements afoot which are returning us to the 70's/80's unrest and as McDonnell has called for 1 million people to congregate in London, it an already planned event to bring the Government down. Unfortunately,I can see nasty time ahead in the very near future. As said it's all pre-planned by Corbyn's cohorts and he pretends he's a peaceable cause. Ha bloody ha !
Those of us who lived through the era of 'Militant' can feel it in the air, the far left using the workers and the vulnerable to push their agenda. Momentum is the new Militant.

I posted in another thread about the change that has come over Corbyn, gone is the workers check shirt and hat along with his surly attitude to the press. His makeover by spin doctors like Seumas Milne has fooled many particularly the young who never knew the old Corbyn.

I feel the grief and plight of people from Grenfell tower
is being exploited by some who have an unsavoury agenda.

A reporter on the Today programme who was with the demonstration by friends and families which went to the council offices yesterday said it started out calmly until a dozen people some with megaphones arrived and started stirring things up.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
it's not that she doesn't come over as a celebrity, she doesn't come across as personable and it seems she lacks the emotional intelligence required for such a powerful role. It's not that she can't go through the motions of doing what's right for etiquette, but she doesn't seem to be a people-person and her motions when she goes through them are clearly reluctant. The body language is all wrong. She looks thoroughly unhappy at having to do the interpersonal thing. Just as she didn't want to take part in debates or canvass with voters. I wouldn't mind if she was making good decisions but we are not seeing that either.
It would seem that Corbyn it is now then, Annie . We all know a 'People Person', Mr Blair was one of those wasn't he ?
BBC are winding everyone up on whether she can remain at No 10. Programme in half an hour . Just been advertised on BBC news channel. Obviously another pre planned programme. No doubt Gina Miller will have her paw in it somewhere..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:07 AM

Would you say that if she was a man...
I would rather have a calm collected leader thank you than someone who exhibits insincere demonstrations of grief.

I can't forget Blairs cringe making 'Princess of our hearts' speech when Diana died...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:16 AM

I believe that she could be personable but the media have now found that they get more interest by hounding her instead of Corbyn. She wouldn't be my favourite PM, but she is certainly the best option we have.
I can't think of any other PM who has had to deal with 3 terrorist attacks, one serious disaster, and a general election in 3 months of office. If the press stopped putting unnecessary pressure on her we may well see how good she can be.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Edited....cannot be bothered to argue.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:21 AM

I'm not her biggest fan but I can't jump on the current bandwagon which is out to crucify May. People are ascribing her all sorts of failings for no good reason other than anger, grief, all whipped up by rent-a-mob.

She has a reserved manner, a poker player's face if you like ... she might have mishandled the election campaign but this is entirely different.
It's not so long ago people were extolling the benefit of her poker face, which will be needed along with a backbone made of iron, for when it comes to handling Brexit.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for her. I bet she wakes up in the morning now and wonders where it all went wrong, what will happen next.

I have a feeling they'll soon need those 3 second hand water cannons Boris bought back in 2011 (or were they sold?) ... because the next thing will probably be riots where alleged supporters of the Grenfell Tower victims go on the rampage, getting themselves freebie TV's and anything else that miraculously jumps out at them from smashed shop windows.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

17-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Why hasnt Therea May visited the people affected by the terrible tragedy of yesterdays fire? Sadiq Khan and Jeremy Corbyn have visited to offer sympathy and support ,but no sign of the PM,.Not good for her popularity
Nobody but those with no heart at all could fail to be moved by the plight of the poor people in Grenfell tower , that goes without saying.

What has happened to this country, it seems to be these days unless people are seen to ringing their hand and weeping and wailing in public they lack compassion.

It all started with Diana Princess of Wales. Ok if you like that kind of thing personally I prefer calm dignity and getting on with doing something useful .

Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top