Join for free
Page 228 of 1676 « First < 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 1228 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 07:38 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I once had an affair with a Vicar’s daughter, we couldn’t be married back them, the catholic church wouldn’t allow it, she said she wanted to be converted, so I took her down to Landsdowne Road and kicked her over the bar.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes Jembo, it all seems to be about "Particles" of late, so I sifted through the Particulate Filter in the Vacuum Cleaner, found nowt but, it played havoc with my Dust Allergy.
Dust to dust, that's all we are, balls of dust all arranged in a complicated way for some reason that nobody will never know.
Ah the particles, the nitty gritty particles that we are all made from, called in the scientific community ‘The building blocks of life’, the real trendy scientists even go as far as calling them ‘Lego’
It’s about time someone gave them a few blocks to play with, might keep them quiet for a while, they can try out a new game, how to get a square block into a round black hole, and if you can hold enough building blocks in your hands and clash them together you will get a ‘big bang, I used to do that when I was a toddler, got a great kick out of it.
I don’t have to move from my house to find out all this stuff, my coal house is full of ‘Dark matter’ and if you want to do ‘Logan’s run’ the toilet bowl is never too far from Uranus.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Sorry Gummy, I refuse to watch any programmes that contain gross hypocrisy, especially with an ecclesiastical slant.
isn't that what the vicars daughter said to the sailor? and he said well not sure if I can get an ecclesiastical slant of this but my hypocrisy is ready to go into action just say when!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 10:21 PM

yes it's all hydrogen and air really - me old granny used to say "i don't know what's happnin today my old hydrogen ion just won't heat up and I've got to get ya grandads shirt straight be noon. Perhaps I need more iron and less air?"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

09-05-2017, 12:55 PM

Actually my great grandmother, widowed during the Boer war with three children, was left a scrap metal business owned by her father in law, Annie Byrne was her name, they used to call her Annie old iron, no kidding.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

09-05-2017, 01:04 PM

Amazing how money seems to have lost it’s value, even in the minds of people, figures like million, billion, and trillion, are flung around now like confetti used to be at a wedding. Seems to me if everyone ain’t a millionaire in thirty years time they will be on the breadline.

We are all in hock up to our eyes
Running around like blue arsed flies
A billion here and a trillion there
What’s the difference, we don’t care
Invisible money you can’t see anymore
They just keep printing it galore
No gold in the bank to back it all up
Nothing left but an empty cup
Gone are the days when we had cash in your pockets
All you got now is cards bills and dockets
“I promise to pay the bearer on demand'
But if he want’s it in gold I’ll cut off his hand
The world has gone bust I tell you, we ain’t got a light
It was the greedy bankers who landed us in the shite.

You can’t beat the shiny yellow stuff, when everything financial goes belly up, gold is your only man, it speaks a language everyone in every country understands and respects, yes Goldfinger got his priorities right.
Very high priced works of art have become dodgy investments now, I was reading an article recently, they reckon there are a good deal of art works in the hands of well to do’s that are not the real thing, secrecy is top priority here ‘cos if the word ever got out some of them are not worth the canvas they are painted on, yes many have been stung by well organised teams of talented art forgers and dealers, patiently working together in long term sting operations.
I hear that well known works of Rembrandt and Picasso are been sold on in secret in a sort of pass the parcel fashion.

I'm off to the local now pass a few pints, it's nice to sit out in the beer garden they have at the back in the sun and smoke your brains out.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

09-05-2017, 01:22 PM

ya a bit of a poet yaself laddie - welcome to the club!

There was an old fellow called Jem
Didn’t know where all his money went
His wife said‘I ain’t got it, not in my pocket’
All that guiness and fags you have spent

But don’t worry you’ve gold in the bank
You can make many rings when you’ve spent
And think of the teeth you can fill up so neat
A goldsmith in the family called Jem!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

10-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Ah yeh have me spoiled Gummy.

Charlie Farrell’s ten year old goldfish had passed away peacefully in his bowl last night and Charlie came into the local today with a face on him like a plateful of mortal sins, you’d think he’d just buried his mother. He insisted on a minutes silence after which there was a long lull, I think he was waiting for someone to say the lords prayer and three hail mary’s, but there were no volunteers, I mean what words does one say over a dead fish. He had already buried the fish beside a chestnut tree in his back garden, he had him laid out on cotton wool in an old cigar box as he gently placed him into the hole. Anyway, for the poor broken hearted mans sake I hurriedly jotted down a few words, put on a solemn face and read them aloud.

Requiem for a dead Fish

He swam long in his tank, handsome with a golden tan
The grandkids loved him, but Charlie was his biggest fan
He never did tricks, just swam around like he oughta
But he could blow big bubbles, right up to the top of the water
Then suddenly last Tuesday, at about half past seven
He snuffed it, and for Charlie’s sake, we all hope he’s in heaven.

It must have helped to console him because as soon as I was finished Charlie called for drinks all around. What truly amazed me was how a person could get so upset about a pet fish, I can understand with a cat or dog, even a bird maybe, but a fish? it was a first for me I can tell you.
As the fella said, we are all made of the same stuff but we are all very different.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-05-2017, 10:08 PM

sounds a bit fishy to me Jem
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Yes, why was there no reference to the fish's name, that suggests the Fish was subject to emotional detachment, I'd bet the poor thing died of Bowl Trouble.

Page 228 of 1676 « First < 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 1228 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top