Join for free
Page 276 of 1676 « First < 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 1276 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 02:00 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

whilst we are on this joyous subject it got me thinkin about the difficulty of writing your own obituary - spike found it easy - " I told you I wasn't feeling well" what a joyous man!!

We would perhaps find it quite easy to write an obituary for our mother or father or other family members BUT try writing a heart felt one for yourself - no mean feat!

who's first no no NO shoving - Jem your first - no Jem you can't push Spittie to the front - all put ya hand up for Jem - NO not put ya hand up Jem!! - heh where has everyone gone???
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 08:15 AM

That's the trouble with a Forum
It often sprouts a Quorum
In which being new and valid
Can leave one notionally pallid
Is being dead when the heart stops
Or when the "Idea Bubble" pops?
Is it time to call a motion
Or call in Ivor Notion?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 11:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoOs06cy8TA

there seens to be a perennial problem with pasting youtubes here now so I off up the above link if you are interested - it is a song by probably the most famous Canadian folk singer called Stan Rogers [deceased] lovely guy and this song is about family and mateship enjoy!

it's called I used to be a Pharisee!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 09:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZkERB6dU_Y

In 79, at least they only 13 channels of shit, now there is 1013, that's progress ain't it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Yes the shit is forever expanding.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Just like the Universe.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:28 PM

A very enjoyable song Gummy, yes that’s all you need really, friends and a good woman to feed you, thanks for putting it up.

I’ll have no problem with my epitaph, nothing fancy just squash the facts into the smallest space available, Spitty has that down to a fine art.

Her lies Jem Mc Jem
Who liked a cigar now and then
He spent all his time in the Cock and Hen
Where he choked to death on a lump of Phlegm

It’s a fact that many publicans buried good customers back in the 1900’s, relations of folks with no insurance cover would approach their local innkeeper and he would oblige if the deceased was a long time regular, of course the funeral party would return to his premises and the aftermath went on for several days so he was more than compensated for his outlay.
Good customers were very seldom barred, their whole family would drink in the same pub, barring the father or head of the family would result in the lot of them moving to another public house, the families were big in those days and there was no shortage of pubs in the locality, competition was fierce.
I was once offered a “Transfer fee” of four figures to encourage my family and friends to move to a newly opened premises, but loyal old bugger that I am, I made my excuses and refused, of course I made sure the landlord got wind of this, he did, and we were treated like royalty ever after.
Things were fairer in those times, the relationship between publican and customer was more of a friendly business type of thing, the publican didn’t hold all the aces all the time like the new modern publicans do today, they are very select today and serve mostly meals and bottles of water, water! I ask yeh, what kind of a man goes into a pub for a bottle of water? well that’s the way it is today, one would feel ashamed to ask for a pint in some of these places they call pubs.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-07-2017, 10:31 PM

Is that a Wake up Call.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

22-07-2017, 10:40 PM

RJ

I have just heard from RJ fortunately. He has been without a computer for a month due to his blowing up!

He is also dealing with a range of heath problems which seem to be long term and intractable so won't be joining us for a while I do hope he will at least keep in touch with me He will I m sure be sadly missed.

If you wish me to pass any messages on please do not hesitate
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
RJ

I have just heard from RJ fortunately. He has been without a computer for a month due to his blowing up!

He is also dealing with a range of heath problems which seem to be long term and intractable so won't be joining us for a while I do hope he will at least keep in touch with me He will I m sure be sadly missed.

If you wish me to pass any messages on please do not hesitate
Gumbud, please would you pass on my good wishes to RJ and let him know we are thinking of him. We miss his presence and wit here and hope he will be able to look in here when he is able.
Thank you

Page 276 of 1676 « First < 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 1276 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top