Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 06:47 PM

Re: Goodbye I guess

Hope all goes well Julie and you get back to us very soon! We'll miss you. Take care of your health in the meantime.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 08:31 PM

Ditto to all the above Julie

Look after yourself and I hope it's over as quickly as it arrived x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Julie, you could write a book on the roller coaster ride you have been on this year! It seems that a bend of the rules in Grace's case would be in order, but it will be an adventure for her and hopefully a nice time away from the responsibilities of home for you for a littel while.

Many places, perhaps even your B&B will have WiFi, so we can hear from you, but if not, enjoy the peace and quiet from all of our noise .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 06:08 PM

Julie darlin' don't you dare depart from us. Look at the havoc that I caused just by being away a few days, think what would happen on this forum if you departed for several weeks, - doesn't bear thinking about!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Oh my good lord, we took stuff over this morning to drop off in the rooms we've been given and turned right around and bought it back. We can't stay there it's filthy, smelly really nasty, I'm not even sure it wasn't infested the black spots on the mattress looked pretty much like bed bug poop to me !

Steven is off to see if he can find a room for us in a local clean hotel.

I consider us really lucky we have that choice the homeless families we met there have no such choice. I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight thinking about the little kids living in that place
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh my good lord, we took stuff over this morning to drop off in the rooms we've been given and turned right around and bought it back. We can't stay there it's filthy, smelly really nasty, I'm not even sure it wasn't infested the black spots on the mattress looked pretty much like bed bug poop to me !

Steven is off to see if he can find a room for us in a local clean hotel.

I consider us really lucky we have that choice the homeless families we met there have no such choice. I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight thinking about the little kids living in that place
Good grief, that sounds very Charles Dickens. Go 5 star Julie and make them pay for it. Doesn´t anyone ever inspect these grim places?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:41 PM

It's worrying they must know what it's like the people we spoke to all have been back and complained but no one wants to know. I'd like to see the councilors live there see if they think it's ok after a week or two in those rooms. It's not even a proper building its ex warehousing with flimsy walls marking out the rooms.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:20 PM

Julie, don't go there. If it is a bad as you say - refuse, and that's that.

Don't they have to house you in similar living conditions to what you are used to?
Tell them you have been ill and are still undergoing treatment. Then tell them to get their butts over there and inspect it, and then tell you whether they would be happy move there!
Blooming cheek.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Julie, don't go there. If it is a bad as you say - refuse, and that's that.

Don't they have to house you in similar living conditions to what you are used to?
Tell them you have been ill and are still undergoing treatment. Then tell them to get their butts over there and inspect it, and then tell you whether they would be happy move there!
Booming cheek.
This!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Right Stevens found us a room in a b & b in aldershot not too far from ivana where grace will be and ok for his work. It's less per night than the place they tried to send us two, talking to neighbours no one is happy they've all been sent places they really don't want to go, my elderly neighbour has said she can't climb four flights of stairs ! So they will have to find her somewhere else. Council isn't open until Monday we have a liaison chappy from new vision homes dealing with problems this weekend and ass he's barely left school and scared to death of us all its all going rather swimmingly as he's agreeing to paying for anything anyone asks for, I made him give us a note in writing promising to pay for our new accommodation.

Some neighbours want IMO far too much they can't fund five star hotels with mini bars thrown in ! So I'm hoping he stays strong with .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top