Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 05:50 PM

Re: Horizon - Why We Are Fat

If that is the case-then I apologise--but it appeared to be aimed at me !
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 05:58 PM

I can see why you'd think that, but i genuinely don't think it was aimed at you, I wouldn't apologise though!

Originally Posted by mariana ->
If that is the case-then I apologise--but it appeared to be aimed at me !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 06:01 PM

I have been going to Slimming world for a few months--and in the last 3 weeks uo until last Wednesday I actually put on 1 and a half pounds-I thought I was eating properly and well--check on the OFF slimming club thread--all meals listed there---but however--apparently I was not eating enough, even though i genuinely was not hungry. So this week, I have changed things around as my leader says--actually eating more--pasta, veg, meat, fish, cereals, fruit---and I really can see a difference already--crazy but true.
I assume that's all about upping your Metabolic rate Mariana. The idea I think is to get that rate up and then to burn off the calories with exercise.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 08:14 PM

Never thought of that
mariana
Kent. Uk.

19-06-2016, 08:16 PM

You are right Baxter8. I have been thinkimg. Even if it was not meant for me. It was an unneccasary and rude comment for someone..
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
So many excuses, so much denial .... you may be able to convince yourself that it is not all your fault for being a fattie.....but you won't convince me.
This was not aimed at anyone in particular and was merely a reflection of my attitude to overweight beings in denial of their culpability for their condition.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

20-06-2016, 11:44 AM

This was not aimed at anyone in particular and was merely a reflection of my attitude to overweight beings in denial of their culpability for their condition.
Again--i say you know nothing about other peoples problems--circumstances--health/mobility problems etc etc, so it is a little judgemental to think that everyone is to blame. you may be a lucky one--but not everyone is.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:44 PM

So many excuses, so much denial .... you may be able to convince yourself that it is not all your fault for being a fattie.....but you won't convince me.
What about someone with polycystic ovarian syndrome which basically means it makes it very very difficult for me to lose weight yet super easy to gain weight. Educate yourself.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

30-06-2016, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzie Jones ->
What about someone with polycystic ovarian syndrome which basically means it makes it very very difficult for me to lose weight yet super easy to gain weight. Educate yourself.
That was exactly my point--it is too easy for people to put the blame on the person who puts on weight without knowing the full facts.

Especially a man !!!!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 09:22 AM

I have done the same--but its not working for me---I try and eat salmon as much as I can---but perhaps Ill try sardines or mackeral too---and see what happens--after 2 solid weeks of cutting down and eating sensibly, i found out i was half a pound more this week---I am sick about it.

Get a dog Mariana and take it for long walks that will help.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top