Join for free
Page 141 of 190 « First < 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm happy to say the chips turned out alright, although the fish ended up well done, this oven seems to get hotter than the old one....
Perhaps I'll not leave it in as long next time.....
Trial and error with anything new, Bob .... you’re doing fine
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Trial and error with anything new, Bob .... you’re doing fine
Thanks Mags, I'm really chuffed with this Induction hob.....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 10:22 PM

have you ever been inducted into the "hall of runners" - carpets everywhere!!

they used to have a ladies only one but they ran out of nylon stockings - God they were a lovely sight heh - nylon stockings - hat barelegged women!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 10:14 AM

Foxy, Your new kitchen looks really lovely, it looks showroom good! I would be scared to use it, as l wouldn’t want to mess it up, which l do when l cook!

I have some friends who are coming to visit me on Saturday. I wonder if l start clearing and cleaning now, could l get my kintchen to look as clean and clear as yours does by then?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Lovely Kitchen Bob,very pristine,a bit like Mine when I moved into this new-build almost 15 yrs ago.....it aint like that now though..happy cooking Chef
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Foxy it is lovely.
I nearly missed the pics.
Now when is the party again????

I can rattle those pots and pans.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy it is lovely.
I nearly missed the pics.
Now when is the party again????
he's gone for a run again and again and again - I think he keeps tryin to run away to York again! heh cum back wobbly knees!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:13 PM

Gorgeous kitchen OGF... really lovely

I hope you and your missus had a lovely day in North Yorks...Happy Birthday Mrs OGF
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:01 AM

Thanks everyone, yes, Mrs Fox doesn't like clutter, so everything must have a place in a drawer or cupboard (including me) problem is, at the moment stuff always ends up in a different place so I have to look in every drawer and cupboard to find what I'm looking for.

Good luck with your kitchen cleaning Arty, I've found it helps if I cleanup as I go, then there's not too much to do after you've eaten, and you're not struggling to find space on the worktops. Good luck with the visitors hope all goes well....

I don't think it will stop like the photo May, Mrs Fox has chucked out all the things we don't use - There are so many labour saving devices and gadgets you accumulate in a kitchen, but once the novelty wears off they end up in the back of a drawer and you go back to the old way of doing things, so now they've gone we can begin a new collection....

I shudder to think about you rattling our new 'Induction Friendly' pans Sweetie Pie, they look so nice and shiny at the moment but give them a few weeks when food gets burnt on, dropped on the floor a few times, or discoloured from overheating and we can shake em' together....

Had a brilliant day on the North Yorks Moors steam railway Summer, it kept fine for us all day, not much sunshine though. Found a Cooplands Secret Garden cafe' in Pickering for lunch, and after a steam train ride up to Grosmont (straight out of an Agatha Christie novel) found a well stocked tearoom for afternoon tea.

The train ride back to Pickering left us just enough time to jog back to the car park before we got clamped..... The drive home saw us finish off with a good evening meal of Rainbow Trout at The 'Wolds Village' near Bainton, been here a couple of times before and always enjoyed good food. Obviously I bought Mrs Fox her birthday dinner....
I'm just too good to her......

As it happens Gumbud, 'Wobbly Knees' was up early this morning and scampered round a five miler, unfortunately I didn't manage to run all the way round due to some stiffness in my hip/piriformis but at 66 minutes it was as good as it gets these days. I did feel better afterwards with hardly any tightening of the back muscles while bending to remove my shoes. I think the new stretching regime is beginning to pay off.....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

07-06-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks everyone, yes, Mrs Fox doesn't like clutter, so everything must have a place in a drawer or cupboard (including me) problem is, at the moment stuff always ends up in a different place so I have to look in every drawer and cupboard to find what I'm looking for.

Good luck with your kitchen cleaning Arty, I've found it helps if I cleanup as I go, then there's not too much to do after you've eaten, and you're not struggling to find space on the worktops. Good luck with the visitors hope all goes well....

I don't think it will stop like the photo May, Mrs Fox has chucked out all the things we don't use - There are so many labour saving devices and gadgets you accumulate in a kitchen, but once the novelty wears off they end up in the back of a drawer and you go back to the old way of doing things, so now they've gone we can begin a new collection....

I shudder to think about you rattling our new 'Induction Friendly' pans Sweetie Pie, they look so nice and shiny at the moment but give them a few weeks when food gets burnt on, dropped on the floor a few times, or discoloured from overheating and we can shake em' together....

Had a brilliant day on the North Yorks Moors steam railway Summer, it kept fine for us all day, not much sunshine though. Found a Cooplands Secret Garden cafe' in Pickering for lunch, and after a steam train ride up to Grosmont (straight out of an Agatha Christie novel) found a well stocked tearoom for afternoon tea.

The train ride back to Pickering left us just enough time to jog back to the car park before we got clamped..... The drive home saw us finish off with a good evening meal of Rainbow Trout at The 'Wolds Village' near Bainton, been here a couple of times before and always enjoyed good food. Obviously I bought Mrs Fox her birthday dinner....
I'm just too good to her......

As it happens Gumbud, 'Wobbly Knees' was up early this morning and scampered round a five miler, unfortunately I didn't manage to run all the way round due to some stiffness in my hip/piriformis but at 66 minutes it was as good as it gets these days. I did feel better afterwards with hardly any tightening of the back muscles while bending to remove my shoes. I think the new stretching regime is beginning to pay off.....
to be quite honest OGF I do think you are falling apart quite literally and would recommend that you stay at home and just get used to your new kitchen - you know where everything fits in what drawers - I think poor dear Mrs Fox is trying to 'give you a message' which is IMO - " stay home and enjoy our lovely home together - instead of running away from me all the time"!!there is a time to hang up the golden shoes!!

Page 141 of 190 « First < 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top