Join for free
Page 143 of 190 « First < 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 11:25 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Thanks Gumbud, it's always nice to see you in 'Bob's Bits' reminding me that we're only human...And thanks for giving me a nudge, this hot weather is making me lazy and I don't seem to have the enthusiasm to post some days......

I don't give much away, but this is the second time I've given my daughter away and she keeps on coming back.....I'm just too good to her....

The wedding went off perfect Gumbud, a very forward and modern vicar gave an exceptional service at the church (almost made me a believer) and although the weather was fine and sunny, it didn't turn out to be too hot, especially in the 13th century church, that feels cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Thanks to the five grand boiler that I contributed to...(never say that Yorkshire folk are tight)....

The hired white Bentley took the happy couple away after the formalities. And equipped with a new name and a glass of bubbly they made their way to one of Doncasters finest hotels (one of the most expensive at any rate) to celebrate the union....

We enjoyed a meal of Salmon followed by raspberry cheesecake, and danced until the early hours......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Oh, Foxy you have bits back.
What lovely pics, you must be proud.
Now the lovely couple are wed, you can wind down a little my lovely. Have some me time eh?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Smashing Pic's of the happy couple Rob and You look like a perfect Father of the Bride..congrat's
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Gumbud, it's always nice to see you in 'Bob's Bits' reminding me that we're only human...And thanks for giving me a nudge, this hot weather is making me lazy and I don't seem to have the enthusiasm to post some days......

I don't give much away, but this is the second time I've given my daughter away and she keeps on coming back.....I'm just too good to her....

The wedding went off perfect Gumbud, a very forward and modern vicar gave an exceptional service at the church (almost made me a believer) and although the weather was fine and sunny, it didn't turn out to be too hot, especially in the 13th century church, that feels cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Thanks to the five grand boiler that I contributed to...(never say that Yorkshire folk are tight)....

The hired white Bentley took the happy couple away after the formalities. And equipped with a new name and a glass of bubbly they made their way to one of Doncasters finest hotels (one of the most expensive at any rate) to celebrate the union....

We enjoyed a meal of Salmon followed by raspberry cheesecake, and danced until the early hours......

oh good so you got plenty of exercise heh? hope you cut back on the alcohol? thanks for the invitation by the way but I couldn't get a flight in time!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, Foxy you have bits back.
What lovely pics, you must be proud.
Now the lovely couple are wed, you can wind down a little my lovely. Have some me time eh?
Thanks Sweetie Pie, Yes I can take it easy now. Going on holiday to Guernsey on Friday, so I hope to post some reports and photos on here. Stand by to be amazed....

Originally Posted by May ->
Smashing Pic's of the happy couple Rob and You look like a perfect Father of the Bride..congrat's
Thanks May, much appreciated....I've never seen Marie as happy as she is with Nick, he's such a caring thoughtful bloke, and good to his in laws.....

QUOTE=gumbud;1482741]oh good so you got plenty of exercise heh? hope you cut back on the alcohol? thanks for the invitation by the way but I couldn't get a flight in time![/QUOTE]

You would always be welcome at our house Gumbud, just let me know when you're coming and I'll put t' Kettle on...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-08-2018, 09:56 PM

The happy couple have started off their married life with a grand tour of Wales, starting off at Llandudno (recommended by me) they were disappointed with 'The Grand' though, so moved to the Merrion (a proper hotel) for a two night stay.....

An early start this morning saw me struggling round my five mile running course, at least it seemed like a struggle until I stopped the watch and found that the time was a seasons best, beating Fridays run by just 30 seconds.....

After a decent recovery, and a Tesco ham sandwich we visited the cinema at Meadowhall (Sheffield) and enjoyed Tom Cruise in the latest 'Mission Impossible'....Well I like him...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:49 PM

Lovely Foxy.
I'm glad the happy couple found a better hotel
I look forward to seeing your holiday pics.
Guernsey is a lovely peaceful place.
Mission Impossible eh?
Don't go trying those stunts.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 12:51 AM

Some smashing photos there, Bob. Really pleased everything went well and your time in Guernsey is enjoyable too.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 05:46 AM

Great pictures Bob, I love her dress and you in all your finery....yay

Have a great holiday and come back relaxed and ready to keep us updated with your adventures once again x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-08-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Lovely Foxy.
I'm glad the happy couple found a better hotel
I look forward to seeing your holiday pics.
Guernsey is a lovely peaceful place.
Mission Impossible eh?
Don't go trying those stunts.
Thanks Sweetie Pie, we've not heard from the happy couple yet this morning.....The joys of being young and in love aye....

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Some smashing photos there, Bob. Really pleased everything went well and your time in Guernsey is enjoyable too.
Thanks Floydy, it will be nice not to have to chase round for wedding stuff....
Sorry to hear about your hectic few days, it can only get better now....

Originally Posted by summer ->
Great pictures Bob, I love her dress and you in all your finery....yay

Have a great holiday and come back relaxed and ready to keep us updated with your adventures once again x
Thanks Summer, I may have looked nice, but I couldn't wait to get my shorts and tee shirt back on.....I will take my netbook with me to Guernsey where it's free wi-fi, so watch this space......
Off to Macarthur Glen at York today for some last minute bits then on to York for lunch in Browns...

Page 143 of 190 « First < 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top