Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Re: PC World

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I was looking to buy an android tablet on Sunday..
When i asked what the difference was, between two makes the assistant said,
"I'd Google it for you on my phone but I've got no charge left"

I suppose I should have done that myself!!!!
Yes. They are absolutely clueless but, more importantly, they lie.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes we are becoming more and more dependant on fairly recent technology Spitty, wonder what would happen if it all went bang.

I'll be OK, I still remember how to build a crystal Radio set.
I tried unsuccessfully to build a transistor radio from a kit once but we did make crystal sets when we were at school.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:39 PM

You can buy crystal radio kits, I think I saw them in Maplin

As for PC world and their partners, I only step inside to see an item I'm interested in. I wouldn't buy from them ever. Their CS is non existent and they have no understanding of consumer law what so ever, always referring you to manufacturer
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:42 PM

I once bought a Chromebook from PC World (only because it was the only place that had them in stock). The chap then asked me, "Do you want me to help you set it up?"

It's a Chromebook - all you do is sign into Google. Unless he wanted my password for something, they are absolutely clueless.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
You can buy crystal radio kits, I think I saw them in Maplin
Yes. I had one. I'm afraid I left it, still in its cardboard box, in my classroom when I retired.

It's probably in a rubbish tip now, not that there was anything wrong with it, it's just that I was the only member of staff who appeared to have any interest in technological matters.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top