Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 12:17 AM

Re: When You Stay In A Hotel, What Do You Keep?

Good ethical marketing for a hotel to ask guests whether they'd rather donate to a homeless shelter. But the thing is with shower gel, surely you need one of those body puffs to use it? I take those special exfoliating wash gloves with me when I go away. Cannot bear to be without a body puff though. As a child we'd have a bath sponge but they didn't have shower gel until sometime in the 80s, unless you went to body shop.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 04:39 AM

The toiletries are budgeted be used or taken, so it's perfectly acceptable to hoteliers to take shampoos, soap, lotion, sewing kits, mouthwash, toothpaste, and shower caps (good grief, I almost wrote "shower curtains").

Great link and share, Ruthio. Our neighborhood school collects them to distribute to a women/children's house for people fleeing domestic abuse.

The only thing I keep for myself are the shower caps, though I have never used them myself. They are excellent for covering shoes when packing so as to protect clothing from the soles of shoes.

BTW, Longdogs, just how many chandeliers does one need? Are you swinging from room to room?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:39 AM

I took six paper napkins from the Hotel Sacher in Salzburg. We were there with 4 friends when we got back I made a special meal for us all and used the napkins as a surprise to remind us of the holiday.

If they are nice toiletries yes I take them too...why not? It's true you pay for them in the price of your room.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:05 AM

I always take the body lotion & the shampoo.

As I go swimming regularly they're brilliant to put in my swim bag.

Wouldn't dream of taking anything else.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:36 AM

Ain't sure about nicking toiletries to give to the homeless, being practical, in that situation, surely a toilet roll would be more useful.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:35 AM

The toiletry bottles are handy for the one, two night stays or to use for decanting from a larger bottle. I also think they’re cute.

As I usually make a flask for when I go out, the tiny milk pots are handy (though I do buy them in pound shops). And by taking them with me, even if not used, means they are replaced so giving me enough for the day.

And as for taking bread rolls for lunch? Ahem, guilty as charged.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I always take the body lotion & the shampoo.

As I go swimming regularly they're brilliant to put in my swim bag.

Wouldn't dream of taking anything else.
Yes they are great to fit in our swimming bags, that's how I make use of any unused toiletries I might have taken home.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's been a while since I saw a Bible in a hotel. They used to have the Gideon Bibles or the Book of Mormon. Most B&Bs don't tend to have them these days. I don't recall Premier Inn having any. Travelodge didn't have them. In the 90s they were always there. I'd forgotten tbh.
What! No Gideons Bible Annie, you might be staying in the wrong sort of hotel....
I would go to reception and demand a bible if there wasn't one..
Although my recent stays in Premier Inns and Ibis Budget both had pristine copies....
But the Playboy Magazines were well thumbed...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What! No Gideons Bible Annie, you might be staying in the wrong sort of hotel....
I would go to reception and demand a bible if there wasn't one..
Although my recent stays in Premier Inns and Ibis Budget both had pristine copies....
But the Playboy Magazines were well thumbed...
Foxy you do make me laugh
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
The toiletry bottles are handy for the one, two night stays or to use for decanting from a larger bottle. I also think they’re cute.

As I usually make a flask for when I go out, the tiny milk pots are handy (though I do buy them in pound shops). And by taking them with me, even if not used, means they are replaced so giving me enough for the day.

And as for taking bread rolls for lunch? Ahem, guilty as charged.
Jazzi, l didn’t expect anyone to admit they take the bread rolls. How do you get them out without being caught or does it all rely on sleight of hand?!!

This is not a confession....but l’ve heard, some people take the toilet rolls but most holders are now locked.
I think some have been known to take light bulbs but l think that was out of pub toilets?!!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top