Join for free
Page 29 of 370 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 12:24 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I do a lot of exercise, but try to reign it back in hot weather, I tend not to run much because of the possible impact on the joints, in the final phase of this journey, that said, I have a measured mile in the local Country Park, so, when the afternoon temperature drops below say 20 degrees, I'll give it a bash, and post the timing.
Good on you. A hard mile takes some doing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 04:13 PM

I do a lot of exercise, but try to reign it back in hot weather, I tend not to run much because of the possible impact on the joints, in the final phase of this journey, that said, I have a measured mile in the local Country Park, so, when the afternoon temperature drops below say 20 degrees, I'll give it a bash, and post the timing.
Sounds like a plan Spitty, why don't we all post our present fastest mile times?
When conditions are good, of course......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sounds like a plan Spitty, why don't we all post our present fastest mile times?
When conditions are good, of course......
I was a fine Darts Player, and often destroyed the competition, but, when the issue of a formal structure was introduced, i.e "Will you join our team", I traditionally stepped back, a Mile in less than ten minutes will suffice, for me anyway,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:21 PM

I was a fine Darts Player, and often destroyed the competition, but, when the issue of a formal structure was introduced, i.e "Will you join our team", I traditionally stepped back, a Mile in less than ten minutes will suffice, for me anyway,
Sometimes competition brings out the very best of us Spitty....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:14 PM

I did a load of short reps before I got to the bottom of a very steep hill. Last week I did 44 secs on the first effort but this week I managed 37 secs! Much stronger this week but might have put some weight on - not sure. Been drinking too much for sure - empty cals.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I did a load of short reps before I got to the bottom of a very steep hill. Last week I did 44 secs on the first effort but this week I managed 37 secs! Much stronger this week but might have put some weight on - not sure. Been drinking too much for sure - empty cals.
Good news with the times there, MKJ.
Don't let a bit of extra weight bother you bud. Nothing wrong with the odd tipple!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 02:34 AM

I've been unusually lax with my training this week, i.e. nothing since the previous Tuesday! No excuse for it, sometimes I just enjoy a little time off - reading a book, time in the garden etc.
Definitely back to it all this weekend though with a big 3-day programme planned for today, Sat and Sun/or Mon. First post on this will be late Fri pm.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2016, 03:13 PM

Haven't long come in from a run with my mate - 7 miler. Fair shifting along at times. It seems I'm in better shape than I thought according to said mate. Might be able to break 20 mins for 5km soon. At one time I could have broken 16 mins but a lot of years have passed and a lot of water (alcohol I mean) has passed under the bridge (still passing come to think of it).

A cracking run in good company.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2016, 07:20 PM

Bad boy again on the booze last night .

Tonight another 6 miles and running very relaxed. Must have shed quite a lot of weight by now. Trained everyday this week and still not tired or feeling worn out. Will start injecting long reps soon as I can cope with them now I think. At this rate I might well have a go at racing before the end of the year.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Bad boy again on the booze last night .

Tonight another 6 miles and running very relaxed. Must have shed quite a lot of weight by now. Trained everyday this week and still not tired or feeling worn out. Will start injecting long reps soon as I can cope with them now I think. At this rate I might well have a go at racing before the end of the year.
You do fantastically well MKJ. After a few ales I'd be long dead and a lost cause for a good run. Keep it goin', bud

Page 29 of 370 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top