Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:25 AM

Blair

See he was at the unveiling of the memorial for Afganistan.
How he got the gall I do not know .
He is just Garbage . IMO
Hope no-one offended
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:33 AM

Re: Blair

Hi

Yes, an obnoxious man and totally delusional.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:34 AM

I guess if he hadn't been there we would have called him a coward but what annoys me most is not all the families of the dead were invited ! That can't be right at all, the man sent them to their death their but not the victims families ?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Ps never give your CV to become a Prime Minister. You might end up on a forum.

I would be more worried about Trump although he is probably already on here already. Tweeting about Blair

The world always needs a scapegoat.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:44 AM

As to the memorial itself, was anyone else underwhelmed by the carving??? - Apparently it cost more that £1million and apart from the bronze plaque inserted in the middle of it, all I saw was a lump of stone with a couple of holes in it.

Surely there are stone masons and artists who could have made a more striking structure to mark the passing of those who died in Iraq and Afghanistan???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:07 AM

Memorials and art generally these days seems a bit like the king has no clothes on to me, everyone scared to say is that the best you can do ? So yes it could have been much better IMO they deserved more.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As to the memorial itself, was anyone else underwhelmed by the carving??? - Apparently it cost more that £1million and apart from the bronze plaque inserted in the middle of it, all I saw was a lump of stone with a couple of holes in it.

Surely there are stone masons and artists who could have made a more striking structure to mark the passing of those who died in Iraq and Afghanistan???
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Memorials and art generally these days seems a bit like the king has no clothes on to me, everyone scared to say is that the best you can do ? So yes it could have been much better IMO they deserved more.
I agree with both of you.
Apparently the DOE remarked "the writing is bit small".
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:46 AM

When I see these occasions I'm usually struck by the same thought. The architects of the War standing there without a scratch paying tribute to the people who died in that War.

I think Blair will end up under lock and key one day. His position is untenable and he has no notion of accepting that. It's driving him up the wall.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-03-2017, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
When I see these occasions I'm usually struck by the same thought. The architects of the War standing there without a scratch paying tribute to the people who died in that War.

I think Blair will end up under lock and key one day. His position is untenable and he has no notion of accepting that. It's driving him up the wall.
I doubt that will happen he has too many friends in high places and they would hide and protect him. If we wanted justice it's too late for it now.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 12:01 PM

No, I didn't mean the Establishment would lock him up, I think there's a good chance he's going to drive himself up the wall because he just can't accept the position of revulsion he now finds himself in.

He already seems to be paranoid, I've read several reports of him being too frightened to stay in any one place for longer than three days, he's constantly on the move and even though he has good security for life (public funded) he's recently been asking Parliament for more, it was refused.

He believes there's a contract out on him.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top