Join for free
Page 186 of 370 « First < 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:18 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

55 minute swim today, I did a gym and swim last night, can't remember if I posted though!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Sounds like a plan, Floydy.

I had a surprise at the hospital, in a good way. Long story short the doc said I did indeed have bone growth in the knee joints, but that something else was going on that was adding to the pain. Turns out I had a lot of fluid in the knees, so after asking if it was OK with me, he put a 3" needle in each joint and drained 90ml of fluid of the left knee and 60ml out the right knee. There was quite a lot of blood in the fluid of the right knee so that's being tested.

I could see my knees deflate as he did it! Pain levels have dropped sharply, so I may attempt a test workout tomorrow to see how the knees do. Nothing too silly though as I might still need surgery.
This sounds promising, Tachyon. Has the doctor not advised a period of rest first though. I'm just thinking if you begin pounding the leg weights so soon after the op you may do some damage? Just be careful anyway bud, it's great though to hear that you're probably over the worst of it

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
55 minute swim today, I did a gym and swim last night, can't remember if I posted though!
Another good effort, LQ. No, without looking I can't remember if you posted it yesterday too...not that it was that unforgettable! I'm sure you enjoyed it though

*EDIT* No you didn't
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
This sounds promising, Tachyon. Has the doctor not advised a period of rest first though. I'm just thinking if you begin pounding the leg weights so soon after the op you may do some damage? Just be careful anyway bud, it's great though to hear that you're probably over the worst of it

Another good effort, LQ. No, without looking I can't remember if you posted it yesterday too...not that it was that unforgettable! I'm sure you enjoyed it though

*EDIT* No you didn't
I was too damn lazy, just think of the calories I could have burned if I had typed out my exercise regime yesterday, damn and blast
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I was too damn lazy, just think of the calories I could have burned if I had typed out my exercise regime yesterday, damn and blast
My write-ups take longer than my actual sessions sometimes. I positively sweat those ice lollies out
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 11:59 PM

I think I have just done my best to kill myself

It was teeming down last night so never got out for a walk so was determined to go out tonight as was carol. We had a route planned and we both thought it was just over the five miles, it turned into EIGHT

Those last two miles were hell

Both of us are wrecked, backs are killing us and Im seizing up nicely as I type

We have sensibly said we won't be doing that walk again in a hurry lol

And the calories burned doing that, Ive just had a strip of chocolate
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-08-2018, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I think I have just done my best to kill myself

It was teeming down last night so never got out for a walk so was determined to go out tonight as was carol. We had a route planned and we both thought it was just over the five miles, it turned into EIGHT

Those last two miles were hell

Both of us are wrecked, backs are killing us and Im seizing up nicely as I type

We have sensibly said we won't be doing that walk again in a hurry lol

And the calories burned doing that, Ive just had a strip of chocolate
I think your bar of chocolate was a very well deserved treat, Missy.

There's a thread on here about the "never again" syndrome, but I bet we all do that "never again" time and time again. Just like you will do another lengthy walk very soon.
Gluttons for punishment we maybe are, but it's certainly doing us good in a sado-masachistic way!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 04:42 AM

Oh my gosh, that is too funny, Floydy. I just did a quick copy paste from an image hosting site and as usual hit the Reply button a little too soon. Good thing I left me out of the shot or the details would be frightening!

What a huge accomplishment, Missy! You definitely covered more territory than I did yesterday, so here....you may have my chocolate . Seriously though well done, but the rule is if you need more rest to recover than the time you spent exercising, you may be being to hard on yourself.

LQ, so nice of you to pop in. I have to confess that I have been a little remiss in posting lately as it seems that I am running a bed and breakfast out of my house. At least it feels like it anyway!

Tachyon, I can't imagine how much better you must feel. I hope you get to the bottom of the problem and it is an easy fix.

I was running four right after a cool front moved through that left behind blissfully cool (81 F) temperatures and dry air. There was a small group of people on the beach off to my right, and when I approached them, I realized there was a sea turtle nest boiling. This is the process in which all the turtles hatch and moved together to the surface to offset the tendency of sand to collapse. I have been trained in managing a nest, so while we waited for a ranger to show up, one of the guys found two-by-four and we used it to was carve out a trench to help steer the little ones to the water, (nice and small, Floydy):

Click image for larger version

Name:	hatchlings-in-a-trench.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	6652

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh it wasn't an op, just something he did in the consulting room, and all in all I just got three needles in the knee joints. Very trivial procedure, really, all things considered. What with the 30ml of painkillers and steroids he injected I feel great at present. They need to sort out what's going on with the knees prior to me getting any surgery.

Heading to gym shortly - I can't wait!!! I'll take it easy though.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Thanks very much Surfermom. Hopefully they sort out what's causing the knee infections and then on to surgery! Fingers crossed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:02 PM

You were right about things getting busy around here Surfermom....
What with dress rehearsals and practice sessions down the church, and drivers needed to do errands at all hours of the day........It's like being thrown off a roundabout.....So although I've not had time to post much, I've not neglected my running......But you all knew I wouldn't didn't you....

Good to hear about all the activity taking place on this thread, and well done to everyone. And a big 'WELL DONE' to Surfermom helping those turtles to run the gauntlet into the sea..... Some mornings I actually stop to fuss a friendly black and white cat that refuses to let me past without a stroke....Soft sod that I am.....

Anyway, as the title of this thread suggests, it's about what exercise we did today, so here goes.......

After running a sweat soaked five yesterday morning in 20*C and 40% humidity (very tough but soooooooo enjoyable) I lined up this morning for a similar sweat soaked five, hoping I'd recovered enough from yesterday to at least stay upright all the way round. It seemed so much warmer than yesterday and the last mile was a lesson in survival under the hot sun....

I did survive, and collapsed against the bungalow wall half naked.....The tee shirt was removed on that last mile down the lane to improve aerodynamics....something like that anyway.....It was as I glanced at the temperature gauge which revealed 23*C and 52% humidity that I began to understand why the run had been so tough.
But the biggest surprise was as I filled out me journal and discovered that it was my fastest five miles this year!.......

I'll try and find a few quiet moments to look in on the forum during this weekend of festivities, but if I don't, I'll be back soon..... Keep up the good work.....And that big needle penetrating those knees Tachyon had me squirming a bit.....Ouch....

PS:- That big surfboard would make a good floor for my shed.....

Page 186 of 370 « First < 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top