Join for free
Page 14 of 36 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:56 AM

Re: Syrian War

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is part of the huge problem there are no good side and bad sides, it's a mess. The only innocents the ones not fighting just trying to hold on waiting for calm.

Anyone thinks talking isn't the answer must be mad at this point.
They could have talked years ago, but that wouldn't have got rid of the terrorists. Where did they all come from, why did they arrive on Syrian soil, and who supported them financially and supply them with arms ?

It looks like everyone is raising the game this morning. Russia, Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, France making threats, and ISIS have threatened the World Cup in Russia.
They ALL know what the outcome will be if US and allies strike, so are they just going to be bull headed and trigger a massive reaction, just to save face ?
The UN are supposed to be a peace keeping outfit, and I don't understand why Nikki Haley ( US Ambassador to UN) goes in guns blazing all the time. I thought the UK Ambassador gave a very constructive speech yesterday, in total contrast to 'boom' 'boom' Haley.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 12:05 PM

Looking at the news it does remind me of a few years back when Obama was spitting out all the military threats.

Must be something about American presidents.
They all want a war whilst they're in office ?

I imagine the little North Korean guy is the only one smiling.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The UKis taking 20,000 Syrians direct from the Refugee Camps.

These are vetted and this is done so that we are not importing trouble.

These are genuine people who have nothing, they are not the economic migrants with enough money to pay the people smugglers.

We do not need anymore Radicals here.
That was agreed by the Cameron Gov, when Europe had the Mass Immigration, and that was what I was talking about in my post!
I do think we were under pressure though and Britain, or any other country, should not be expected to provide for people that they are not responsible for.
We can't keep complaining about poverty in our own country, yet look after people from elsewhere, we should look after our own first. Climate change is destined to create flood problems in Britain ( which is full of people from the Middle East) yet I wonder how many Middle East countries will be sending money or assistance to us when floods damage houses & reduce food production?
It is now time to look after our own and let other countries look after their own.
The big powers like Russia and the US can do as they think right and smaller countries, like us, will side with them but, it is not our responsibility to correct any mistakes they make!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is part of the huge problem there are no good side and bad sides, it's a mess. The only innocents the ones not fighting just trying to hold on waiting for calm.

Anyone thinks talking isn't the answer must be mad at this point.
Hi

talking only works if all sides want a compromise.

This is not the case in this instance.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Anyone can donate to the cause ,not just Christians. Jews, Muslim, Atheists, Buddhists, anyone.

Yes anyone can donate .
But it is the ISRAELIS who aew actually DOING .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:30 PM

hi

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:33 PM

They could have talked years ago, but that wouldn't have got rid of the terrorists. Where did they all come from, why did they arrive on Syrian soil, and who supported them financially and supply them with arms ?

It looks like everyone is raising the game this morning. Russia, Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, France making threats, and ISIS have threatened the World Cup in Russia.
They ALL know what the outcome will be if US and allies strike, so are they just going to be bull headed and trigger a massive reaction, just to save face ?
The UN are supposed to be a peace keeping outfit, and I don't understand why Nikki Haley ( US Ambassador to UN) goes in guns blazing all the time. I thought the UK Ambassador gave a very constructive speech yesterday, in total contrast to 'boom' 'boom' Haley.
From my reading and I believe it to be true, we supplied arms and training to anyone wanting to overthrow Assad, gaddafi etc

We helped initially. Now we pay the price.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2018, 01:35 PM

The UN are supposed to be a peace keeping outfit,......
If you believe that ask the Tutus in Ruanda when the UN peacekeepers left them to be massacred .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:40 PM

Hi

It has to start somewhere, it can work if some sit down others may follow. It's rather defeatist to say there is no way to start talking.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:41 PM

What a slimy creature Jeremy is...

https://order-order.com/2018/04/09/c...emical-attack/

Page 14 of 36 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top