Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Re: Name & Shame 'em!!!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Ah, nice memories. Of course it doesn't mean they have stopped fiddling, just that it's not popular news at the moment.
No, they've turned their attention to a different kind of fiddling.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 03:31 PM

I don't approve of all the furore but at least if one good thing comes out of this it will be that MPs will not be able to be blackmailed into voting against their principles if there's no longer anything to blackmail them with.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No, they've turned their attention to a different kind of fiddling.
True.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Hi

One of those accused has been found dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-41904161
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 04:41 PM

That's shocking and sad.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well i hope whoever blew the whistle on him is satisfied and THEY are now able to live with it for the rest of their lives,
This name and shame has gone too far. If people were not prepared to speak up at the time ive got no time for them. No good saying they were TOLD to keep quiet or were frightened to say anything because of their job or even the job of the person that was supposed to have committed the assault.Now of course so many jumping on the band waggon because someone put their hand on their shoulder or even knee . If they didnt like it at the time they should have slapped them across the face there and then. OH ! of course there may be money involved now
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Very sad for Carl Sargeant's family.

I am surprised it hasn't happened to someone before now with so many accusations flying around and all this 'naming and shaming ' nonsense.
No one, victim or accused should be named publicly until allegations have been fully investigated.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 10:03 PM

Totally agree with that. Here NO ONE is named at any time accused or victim in any police investigation or even at trial . There is nothing to be achieved by naming anyone other than for the press or public that seem to love to gloat over anyone in trouble . Here I would never know if my neighbour had been convicted of speeding, being drunk or whatever .He/she would have paid their fine etc. and that is the end of it .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:12 AM

The trouble is without naming and shaming nothing would change. Many things weren't against the law and police won't be involved with some man touching a woman's knee, so it's not like we can say they should go to the police. So what choice is there for women and men who have been treated badly ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Totally agree with that. Here NO ONE is named at any time accused or victim in any police investigation or even at trial . There is nothing to be achieved by naming anyone other than for the press or public that seem to love to gloat over anyone in trouble . Here I would never know if my neighbour had been convicted of speeding, being drunk or whatever .He/she would have paid their fine etc. and that is the end of it .
Hi

I agree with not naming until after the trial and a verdict.

After a guilty verdict I want to know.

I want to be able to tell the littlies that he or she is a bad bad person and to avoid them.

I have always told the littlies, my own kids included, that if they are in trouble, find a Policeman.

One Policeman near here has been charged with raping a 13 year old.

They need to know who the baddies are.

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top