Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 07:06 PM

Re: Name & Shame 'em!!!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does Corbyn really want to look back at historic offences?
He does tell a lot of porkies...
https://order-order.com/2017/05/26/c...never-met-ira/
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:13 AM

Julia Hartley-Brewer says Michael Falon once put his hand on her knee - she said: "I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would 'punch him in the face'

She also added that she did NOT consider herself a victim.

Is she the only sensible person around? She certainly puts this current witch hunt into perspective!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:21 AM

very sensible woman - that is all it takes!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:25 AM

I think it depends what age and how confident you are tbh. A younger woman inexperienced, unsure with herself may have not found her voice.

I was approached when I was about 16 it didn't traumatise me but I did change how I related to men, changed my job and never worked in that close environment again.

Few years later man grabbed my bum and really regretted it as it was second time I was ready my instinct took over and he limped away with a foot imprint half way up his shin and my elbow had found his eye.

Only difference was I was 10 years older and more confident and experienced.

But I think it's very dangerous to judge victims as wanting as all women are different. I can remember a man I worked with who used to put his arm through mine to walk down to lunch just a friendly non threatening gesture and I was find with it, but another lady I worked with took great offence, a few months later she left her husband and we realised she was being repeatedly raped by him, she had seen in a kind gesture something wasn't there because of her experiences.

It's a bit of a mine field my advice to my boys has always been unless explicitly invited never touch a woman ever, no fun no playing around if you wouldn't touch me that way don't touch them. It's worked so far, they are very respectful young men, Jordan's wife tells me he is a complete gentleman.

Teach next generation to be like that and we end this here.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Teach next generation to be like that and we end this here.
Very wise words, Julie !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:39 AM

If, as Theresa May promises, members found guilty of sexual offences will be either sacked or lose the 'whip', there are currently over 30 + scumbag 'nasty party MPs under investigation. This could mean that the scumbag 'nasty party', having already lost its majority might now lose the confidence of the 'House' to govern.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8028441.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a8028141.html
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Why am I not surprised at this little snippet of information regarding the 'scumbag 'nasty party's' attitudes to sexual harassment - seems quite a lot of them may have a lot to hide!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8027691.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Julia Hartley-Brewer says Michael Falon once put his hand on her knee - she said: "I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would 'punch him in the face'

She also added that she did NOT consider herself a victim.

Is she the only sensible person around? She certainly puts this current witch hunt into perspective!
...Hartley Brewer also pointed out that all this hysterical (anti) social media 'naming and shaming nonsense' now used instead of going through the correct channels actually trivialises genuine sexual harassment cases as I suggested in a post yesterday.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...Hartley Brewer also pointed out that all this hysterical (anti) social media 'naming and shaming nonsense' now used instead of going through the correct channels actually trivialises genuine sexual harassment cases as I suggested in a post yesterday.
I've seen it as freeing up court time, I can't imagine any cases can go forward if everyone in the world has heard about the cases on the Internet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

31-10-2017, 06:10 PM

...... just goes to show just what scumbags these 'nasty party' really are!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8029616.html

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top