Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Re: 100 year-old man in Court

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
+1

Is it any wonder some sex crimes go unreported?

People(well, some)forget that the CPS make the decision after careful consideration and debate and have to be relatively confident of a conviction before proceeding.
Just like they did with Paul Gambaccini, Cliff Richards, Jim Davidson and others do you mean? They were assumed to be guilty and hung up to dry before any forthcoming trials.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Just like they did with Paul Gambaccini, Cliff Richards, Jim Davidson and others do you mean? They were assumed to be guilty and hung up to dry before any forthcoming trials.
i can't counter that......apart from adding their(CPS)behaviour was inexcusable.....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 09:35 PM

I do not believe in naming any one in these cases. Their identity should not be revealed until a guilty verdict has been brought in. It's unfair to ruin a man's reputation.

And let's not forget how many have been convicted on the evidence of these women and the terrible crimes committed against then. They are very brave having to face it all over again.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 09:40 PM

Trial by public opinion....
I wonder if a poll had been attached to the OP asking if the old guy was either;
Guilty
Not Guilty
Not yet proved.
And that anyone responding was to provide their sexual identity, would there be a majority of females ticking the Guilty box?
Just a thought.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 10:05 PM

Why would you assume that? I don't see any females condemning him, only males accusing females of gold digging.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 10:24 PM

My last line was, just a thought...you could have countered with this.

If a poll had been put up with the OP and the question was.
How many people think the accuser is a goldigger
Yes
No
Not decided
And the responder was asked for their sexual identity how many men would have ticked yes?

Just a thought
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 10:26 PM

I wonder if he got a telegram from the Queen on his 100th birthday and if convicted, will he be asked to return it!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 10:27 PM

You've totally lost me Rehab.

I have come to the conclusion I'm not the brightest light on the tree.
Thing is, I can only get worse now . .
mesco m
manchester

26-02-2017, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
My last line was, just a thought...you could have countered with this.

If a poll had been put up with the OP and the question was.
How many people think the accuser is a goldigger
Yes
No
Not decided
And the responder was asked for their sexual identity how many men would have ticked yes?

Just a thought
Why would I want to do that? The poll is purely hypothetical anyway.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 07:29 AM

Sadly in recent times there has been far too much trial by media and not enough trial by the judiciary.

Given that guilty or not the kind of mud thrown in these cases sticks it is time to either put a statue of limitation on these crimes to stop the digging up of old claims and judging old actions by todays standards. Or there should be a total news blackout of them until the accused is found guilty. Also in cases where women have been found to be lying ( ie golddoggers) action should be taken against them. The damage these women cause isnt just to the men they accuse but to every genuine victim who will be dismissed as a gold digger because of their malicious actions.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top