Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 02:57 PM

Re: 100 year-old man in Court

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Maybe if you had experience abused of this nature you might think differently.
I did it stopped at five years old when I was removed from my home and my grandparents took me in. Don't make assumptions about people if you don't know them well.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I did it stopped at five years old when I was removed from my home and my grandparents took me in. Don't make assumptions about people if you don't know them well.
That is awful was it reported at the time?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:07 PM

No it was a family member he was punished but not by established methods.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:20 PM

So it wasn't reported to the police then, because in those days people didn't do so very often.

I am glad some people are speaking out now about the abuse they suffered in the past. Even if a conviction can't be obtained at least the perpetrators will go to their graves with the uncomfortable feeling that their evil deeds might come back to bite them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-02-2017, 03:34 PM

So it wasn't reported to the police then, because in those days people didn't do so very often.

I am glad some people are speaking out now about the abuse they suffered in the past. Even if a conviction can't be obtained at least the perpetrators will go to their graves with the uncomfortable feeling that their evil deeds might come back to bite them.
No it wasn't reported because family took care of it, I doubt he did anything to anyone else again as he was too scared to step out of line again.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:38 PM

I agree.
In those days even if the victim did tell half the time they weren't believed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:44 PM

I also had a very close relationship with a man, who was sexually abused by a foster parent and his paedophile group, at about the same time as the woman in this story. My friend didn't want to talk about it either, but it is a good job he did, because the men concerned got 20 years in prison and a number of the social services staff, who placed him with this foster parent, lost their jobs.
I wonder how many other children would have suffered the same if he hadn't had the courage to tell somebody?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-02-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I also had a very close relationship with a man, who was sexually abused by a foster parent and his paedophile group, at about the same time as the woman in this story. My friend didn't want to talk about it either, but it is a good job he did, because the men concerned got 20 years in prison and a number of the social services staff, who placed him with this foster parent, lost their jobs.
I wonder how many other children would have suffered the same if he hadn't had the courage to tell somebody?
That's the point really it has to be reported to stop others being a victim, once you get to adult hood if you haven't already done do is time to do it. Not 50 years later.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups, when I was about 15, one of these perverts kept stopping in his car and offering me a lift, I always said "No thank you". The last time it happened, he drove off but parked his car close to where he thought I was walking, about 30 yards from my home and close to the park entrance. He approached me, whilst exposing himself, and tried to back me into the park entrance. I pushed him, told him to ".... off" and ran like hell to escape. I reported it to a policeman, I used to babysit for, and he was caught, as he had been doing the same to many young girls.
That was 50 years ago, but if I had to give details in court today the only things I could tell you was where it happened and what colour car he had....... on previous occasions where he offered a lift, in a friendly fashion, he had told me his name, I could have described how he looked, but today I couldn't give you any of that info or even the date he tried to get me into the park!
Our minds often block out traumas, so I suspect that many of the children these things happen to will be unable to remember clearly, so ,what chance is there of a fair trial when it is reported so long after the event? There is always a chance that the child is lying and the man is falsely accused!
I had a similar experience when I was about 10. A well known local "dirty old man" (as we called them in those days) exposed himself to me when I was walking down an alleyway near my home. He grabbed my arm and tried to pull me towards him, but I got a lucky kick in just where he wouldn't have wanted one. I ran back to my estate and gathered a bunch of mates, including some teenagers and we all went to the alley, gave him a bit of a beating and chased him off. That is how such things were dealt with in those days. I don't think I even thought to mention it to my parents in case they put restrictions on my wanderings. Today, the whole incident is very misty and indistinct in my memory. I couldn't tell you his name (although I knew it at the time), what he was wearing, his age or what he looked like. If I was to bring a case against him (or someone I thought might have been him) now, my evidence would be absolutely useless in a court of law.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2017, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's the point really it has to be reported to stop others being a victim, once you get to adult hood if you haven't already done do is time to do it. Not 50 years later.
I agree, but things were different back then, it wasn't right but that is the way it was. I am glad people feel they can speak out now, because many of them have felt as if they have served a life sentence, whereas the perpetrator seemed to have got away with it.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top