Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 11:25 PM

Re: ELO at Glastonbury

Great set Coldplay
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=longfellow;936107]Magical,blown away cannot believe that they still have that magic.
Had me singing along and rocking around doing my chair dancing.

I have come to the conclusion I need a bigger tv screen..

First time I have looked in on Glastonbury and it may not be the last if all the groups are like ELO.

Yes I do believe if the girls had looked that good when I was at school I certainly would have taken more musical class's that footy ones. [/QUOTE]

They did, and I did.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:09 AM

As for ELO, I watched and as usual, thought it belonged back then, you can "Employ" musicians to recreate, but, somehow, something is lost.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
As for ELO, I watched and as usual, thought it belonged back then, you can "Employ" musicians to recreate, but, somehow, something is lost.
Yes I do know where you are coming from I watched as the male backing singer did most of the singing and I thought in the first few songs that JL's voice was a lot weaker than it used to be but he as not done this king of thing for nigh on 30yrs infact I think I heard him say it was his first festival apart from that one in Hyde Park. After that first couple of songs I really got into the old time music and to tell you the truth I prefer it much more than most of the new stuff that is about. I guess I am just an old fart who ain't gonna change.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 09:02 AM

Those were the days.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I find something sexy about a pretty woman playing a violin.
Me too!
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Those were the days.

Quite a lot of recordings from the Bath Festival. Unfortunately the quality isn't that good. Some video as well. I've got the video of the Floyd set.

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Quite a lot of recordings from the Bath Festival. Unfortunately the quality isn't that good. Some video as well. I've got the video of the Floyd set.

Anyone remember Barclay James Harvest?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Anyone remember Barclay James Harvest?
I do
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2016, 01:44 PM

So do I - they played a gig at the local high school before they became more well known. Think I might have one of their albums tucked away in my collection somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top